Nervous for first barefoot 5k

Enjoy. I'm up to 2.75!

Reactions: jldeleon
There was a story on the news about those cheapie eyeglasses. They said they destroy your vision.

Thanks everyone. In am trying to help with my race jitters by making myself a tutu...

Wow - that's how I deal with pre-race jitters as well! Uh...oiy - did I actually write that, or just think it?

As for the race, don't worry about it. Here's what you do if you're worried about your soles getting torn up: Wrap around 3 feet of duct tape around a pencil and carry it with you. When your soles can't take it any more, strip of lengths of tape and place them on the bottom of your feet. After the race, be sure to let us know how that turns out because I always wondered if it would work :D

BS aside, you're going to do fine. Even if you decide that DNF is the way to go (due to pain, suffering), remember that you did more than the folks that spent the morning, smoking in bed and eating pork rinds dipped in Alfredo sauce..

Wow - that's how I deal with pre-race jitters as well! Uh...oiy - did I actually write that, or just think it?

As for the race, don't worry about it. Here's what you do if you're worried about your soles getting torn up: Wrap around 3 feet of duct tape around a pencil and carry it with you. When your soles can't take it any more, strip of lengths of tape and place them on the bottom of your feet. After the race, be sure to let us know how that turns out because I always wondered if it would work :D

BS aside, you're going to do fine. Even if you decide that DNF is the way to go (due to pain, suffering), remember that you did more than the folks that spent the morning, smoking in bed and eating pork rinds dipped in Alfredo sauce..
Dang you crack me up dude!

Reactions: RunningPirate
BFWillie, can't you tell she's a she just by her socks -

Haha... I was on my phone at the time so her av was kinda small, and no sigline.

Plus, I was really commenting on some of the guys here ;-)

I don't even know to respond to that... ;)
Thanks for the smile this early in the morning.

don't respond. if you keep feeding wild/feral animals they will keep coming back.

everyone says just relax and have fun. not always easy to do. i always have a plan to start slow and then speed up. i've started races either very near or well over my aerobic hr limit. i always have to change my plan on the fly. no chance of winning but the excitement always drives the hr up. if you've done it before you can do it again. the problem will come from the excitement. knowing how to hold yourself back for the beginning and then finishing strong. that's the challenge. not blowing all your energy in the first mile and having something left in the tank to finish.

go have fun.

I would guess Matey is that wild animal, right? :D

Reactions: migangelo
i was thinking feral but wanted to include a wider definition for others. i.e., chase, ram, me.

Thanks TD! I ran tonight and it felt so good and relaxing really made the run go smoothly. I had no soreness in my feet which is something I had a problem with in. my last run.

Reactions: scedastic
Good luck! It hasn't even been a year since I did my first barefoot 5k. Exciting times! And a couple glasses of wine usually helps me with the nervousness the night before. ;)