Mileage Reporting 36er Week of 2013

2 miles at a slow and miserable 11:21 pace. Legs are just killing me today. Hope they will come back around by Saturday. Gonna go pick up a new pedal wrench this afternoon and may just bike the rest of the week to let the legs rest a bit for the race on Saturday. I dunno. Not sure why the legs have been so tender the last couple weeks. It's like I am a brand new runner all over again. Shouldn't happen that fast should it when you take a week off? So strange and weird. Maybe it's all the flat ground here, my body isn't getting all the variation it used to...???
This little micro-run may have hurt a bit yesterday during the run, but man today I feel great. Will be doing a ride on the bike this afternoon so hoping it will work as well as the run at keeping the legs loosened up. If I'm still feeling ok tomorrow I will go out for a hopefully rainy run. Looks like our high tomorrow is only supposed to be 66degF for a high plus it's supposed to rain so hopefully that will help too.

4 miles running this morning, followed by a 4 mile walk on the golf course. My running companion (my dog) and myself had a run in with 2 dogs that were running loose or had gotten out of their yard. Both dogs were a lot bigger than my dog, and my dog is in the 80 pound class. Once both those dogs spotted me and my dog they decided to run straight at me and my dog. Boy, was I mad, as both dog got close to me I went straight at them and gave them a piece of my mind, confused them, didn't know what to do except run around me ( just out of kicking range) and bark. My dog stayed out of their way the way I trained him. The owner heard the barking and tried to corral his dogs. I just kept running and my dog kept at my side covering my back. It was for this reason that I taught my dog to run off leash. My dad had the same thing happen to him years ago as he was walking his dog on a leash. 2 dogs came after his dog who was on a leash an in the mess of dogs and leash he was tripped by the leash and broke his leg and arm. People, if you can't control your dogs, make sure they are locked up where they pose no risk to anyone else. That's my rant of the day. Had a good run though as the weather was cooler today, starting to get my runs as to where each mile was a little faster then the one before, felt great no aches or pains. Like Lee, I find that a faster pace makes for less feeling of discomfort than a slower pace. But reality is that not everyone run can be at that effort, but they sure feel nice when they do come along though.

30 minutes on the bike in the garage on the trainer. Did 5 min warm up then did 10 one minute intervals, seated, with cadence at or above 90 in hardest gear, with a one minute break in between each interval in which I kept the cadence up, just dropped into easier gears. I followed it up with a 5 minute cool down. The new pedals worked great once I adjusted my foot placement on the pedals. My garage is a sweatbox, even with a fan on me. I may have to put a second fan on me next time. Also, I seriously need to recondition my butt to my saddle. Man my butt hurt something fierce by the time I was done. I'm really wishing several years ago I would have bought that new saddle like I had wanted to.

Great 8 mile run at 4:45 am., 81 deg., 62%rh.no wildlife today but run felt really good.

Note: update on small cut on foot from Monday's run, turned out to be a small piece of glass.:(
I moved on but todays run was the first time in a long time I had anything on my feet during a run.
I use band aids and 2 strips of KT tape wrapped around the ball of my foot to hold the band aids in place.
I also add 2 strips of KT tape on the opposite foot to even things out. It is as close to bare as I can get and keep the small cut clean.

Feet O.K.
Legs Good

Instead of running, I thought I'd work on my wrist muscles by flushing the toilet multiple times, after contracting either some sort of stomach virus, or food poisoning. Couldn't even go to work. And NO MIKE - it was NOT the damn cinnamon roll!!! :mad:

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Instead of running, I thought I'd work on my wrist muscles by flushing the toilet multiple times, after contracting either some sort of stomach virus, or food poisoning. Couldn't even go to work. And NO MIKE - it was NOT the damn cinnamon roll!!! :mad:
so sorry :-(

lee, wtf? why am i categorized with jen and not nick?

nick, can't you open the door for more air???

jen, sure.

wed easy 3 miler to stretch out the legs. i'll try to do it the next 2 days as WD is on saturday and i wanna kill it.