Mileage Reporting 36er Week of 2013

mokaman

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Georgia
I kicked off August with a 7.3 mile run...local roads to Harbins park and back in a loop. Warm out 80'sF with 70% humidity...thought I would do a tempo run but changed my mind on the warmup mile... and just stayed warming up for 6 more miles. Total time was about 1 hour 5 minutes.

The county decided to patch up all the cracks in the local roads with tar which gets soft and a bit sticky so now I get to dodge all those spots which are like random stripes. On the bright side it breaks up the repetition like lite trail running...or running hopscotch.

Finally got some decent internet service. Not much running last week because of traveling. Had a 2 mile barefoot walk with a little running on an Oregon beach, a nice 6 mile run in sandals in Northern Idaho, a 9 mile hike (6 barefoot) at Lake Louise, Canada (many, many comments), and 6 miles shod in Montana.

In need of a long run, I headed out on a trail in central Wyoming. Trail was pretty flat and somewhat boring, but I had a very good run. Shod 20 miles in 3 hrs. 11 minutes. Really happy with my pace considering I only ate a banana before and I had one bottle of water with 2 electrolyte tabs and fueled with one packet of almond butter at the halfway point. Started dragging a bit at the end with the heat, but finished the run with no problems. So fun to run in new areas.

Did a little trail hiking yesterday and this morning. A great thing about going barefoot is how you can just walk out into a stream and not have to pull the shoes off.

7TGFK7m.jpg

Most excellent 5 mile run at 5:15 am., 82 deg., 70% rh., slight drizzle started about mile 3. Saw 3 fox, 2 rabbits, heard the rooster crow.
Got my sights on the Dallas Marathon on December 8th.
I will continue to use The Non- Runners Marathon Trainer (it has work well for me in the past).
I will have 14 weeks and it is a 16 week program but I am all ready to morph it a little to match my experience level.
All said I will be calling this week 3.

Nice drizzle all day here so far (much needed).
While writing this I had to pause and watch the Humming Bird hitting the wife's flowers
Love the wildlife.
minor cut on one foot (nothing a little tape won't fix)
Feet O.K.
Legs Good

yesterday:
morning: a few weights, a few situps,
afternoon: ~1hr25 min swim, intervals this time, lots of little breaks to either talk to kids or rest (I was trying more for working hard and then resting instead of the long slow continuous from yesterday). It felt like a good workout. Actually worked on back and breaststroke, but not butterfly: I swear I tweaked my arm last time (bad form for sure) I tried it and I'm leery.

evening: 4 mile run. calves were tight from days in a row of running and lots of driving and sitting and no rolling, but felt ok overall. I was dragging, though, getting started. Not sure why. I didn't eat but a few grapes between swim and run, so maybe that's it. It was a pretty evening. I ran around the little lake nearby on a windy country road while the kids biked. Fall flowers, bits of red on the sumac, little puffy clouds, geese.

today: whole lotta nothin so far but cookin and cleaning and eating.

About 5.5-6 miles today, not sure of exact mileage as this was a newish route for me. 1/2 mile cooldown walk after, legs and feet feel good. Weather was great today sunny and about 19 C. with no humidity. Yesterday 4 mile walk out golfing again, saw a rare wildlife sighting yesterday on the golf course, another barefooted golfer. He was teeing off in the foursome ahead of us and commented about us getting our golf shoes from the same place. Just a golfer though when I asked him, not a runner.

4.44 miles at avg 10:41 pace today in my luna pacers. I had planned on doing more but the heat and humidity just take it out of me. I know my running pace was actually in the 9's today, but after running through a half mile of no shade and direct sun beating down on me I had to stop for a couple minutes in a shady spot I'd come across. Apparently I double hit the stop/start button so my time was still going despite me being stopped. After that stop I took off and felt much better till about the last half mile when I was in yet another direct sun shadeless area. This time there was no shade anywhere to be found so I just called it good and walked the half mile back to the house. Winter cannot het here soon enough for me. I am antsy to get back to running my full mileage again.

Just a smidgeon under 6km around the streets this morning. The battery on my GPS watch was flat, so I ran without it. Didn't experience some sort of hippy epiphany, so I'll probably charge it up and use it again next time. Had to choose between rough concrete and frost-covered grass as it was a misty, still morning. Still struggling a little bit with BOFP (tm), but I think it's improving.

Missed my 4 miler this past Saturday..... On a camping trip at Lake Erie State Park in Brocton, NY but I did get my 8 miler in yesterday morning along route 5 which runs along the side of the lake. The road in spots was like 10 grit sand paper, I welcomed gravel over it.

Managed a 5 mile run tonight. I did what I wanted but in reverse and a day off. I'm hoping to back to back run the weekends short then a long preparing for my half the full marathon the end of October.

I have it slated two weeks before the race to do a 15 mile run on Saturday and the a 30 mile run on Sunday.

Guess its time to get serious....... and have fun.