Hello from Blomidon , nova scotia , Canada

Hi , I'm a 42 yr old vff runner , I've been minimized for about a year. I live where the tides are the highest and lowest in the world near cape Blomidon, so my beach runs are a bare foot dream. I was introduced to minimal shoe running last year, and with slow carefully instruction made the transition to vff running.
I'm now setting my sights on a marathon this fall and learning more about chi running and seeing if this is a fit for me.
I run 5 and 10 k runs during the week, finding the time for a 20 or better on the weekend. My average pace over distance is 6.40. 5.40 if I'm racing a 10.
This group looks great , I enjoy reading the forums and learning more from everybody's different points of view.
Cheers
B- Britman

Welcome, BB. There are lots of minimal as well as barefoot runners here. You're moving along at that pace, especially at that age (which is just a little shy of my own). My best sustainable pace is closer to 7:15/mile, and I almost never go more than 7 miles at a time. Glad to have you with us. Enjoy!

Welcome, Brit. We already have a BB, Phil. :p

I accept your apologies, Mr. Phil. Hee. :)

BB is actually Blind Boy. When I named him, I didn't want to call him Blind, and I didn't want to call him Boy. So he is stuck with BB.

See there, Phil. I got it! ;)

Welcome aboard! Be sure to look into the Canadian Chapters :)

Thank you, Willie! You've got me covered. Sweet.

Welcome Mr. Britman! I run in those funny shoes a fair deal myself, though I came to them after running skin-to-ground for awhile first and still save them for special - races and trail runs. You can go back and forth if you'd like.

Do your run out as far as you can at low tide on the flats and then try to run back before the tidal bore catches you? Actually, I would love to visit there just to see the tide running. To you it probably gets to be ho-hum, but I would be thrilled! When should I come to find the warm water?

Reactions: barefoot britman

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7