Good PR for barefoot running!

Mike R

Barefooters
Dec 5, 2010
Suffield, CT
I ran a 5K summit run on Sunday and there were two female barefoot runners there. One of them came in first in the Women 30-39 category and the other not only came in first in the 20-29 age group but was also the first woman over the finish line! It was a great day!

That would be cool to get their stories on here.

Reactions: dharmadan
The 30-39 runner has been running barefoot for 14 years, I think that's even before it was popular! She also hikes barefoot. The younger runner has only been running for 1 1/2 years but told me she's done 6 marathons this year! She belongs to a running group out near Boston and had just attended a run sponsored by Ken Bob. She wanted me to join her group but I can't remember the name of it. I told them both about BRS.

That would be the New England Barefoot Runners.

Wow, six barefoot marathons this year alone..... I can only dream.
My feet were a bit sore today after just a 15km run. The crappy South Australian roads and rough pavements made them pretty sensitive at the end. I don't think I could have run another 27km.
We are heading into the warmer weather now so I won't have cold feet but hot feet, it's 31C on Monday. Pretty early in the year for such hot temperatures.

Neil