First run in almost a year

OdiarAmor

Chapter Presidents
Nov 20, 2011
Tennessee
Thanksgiving morning I ran for the first time in almost a year (and about eight weeks after giving birth). I only ran half a mile but it felt great and I'm not sore at all. I must add that it is right next to the water and very cold.

Great news Lauren.

Yeah, you! It's been one year since I ran too. Durned shoes! But anywho, congrats to you on your first run back and on your precious baby's arrival!

Isn't it great the first time after a long time off? Even if your muscles are tired and tendons are a little sore from the "Oh, we're doing this again?" feeling that the body likes to throw out, it still feels good. Must be that first taste of endorphins (or "endolphins" as a friend once said). Now - have you purchased a running stroller yet? Or is it still a bit early for the wee one?

It was amazing... I was just slightly sore on Friday but a good sore.

I have a single stroller (BOB) but need to go back to work before I can afford the double BOB stroller.

Well done Lauren. Running is got to be easier than child birth. ;)

Best of luck on your return to running. Did you have a girl or boy?

I continue to be amazed by the recuperative ability of women. If I'd given birth 8 weeks ago I'd still be in bed and whining to anyone that would listen.

Reactions: NickW
It was amazing... I was just slightly sore on Friday but a good sore.

I have a single stroller (BOB) but need to go back to work before I can afford the double BOB stroller.
It's almost like purchasing a new car... and I have just the single BOB. I will always use a BOB though, they are incredibly nice.

Congrats too!

Believe it or not, birthing this one was easier than last time. I was only at the hospital 30 minutes before I popped him out. I agree though that men tend to wuss out when it comes to being suck. I point out to my Hubby that when he is sick, my son would go to daycare. When I'm sick, somehow my son would end up staying home with me.

I have a 3 year old boy and this one is a boy too. I tell people I'm glad to have boys because I never have to worry about them coming home telling me they are pregnant. I also can deal with teenage boys better than teenage girls.

Running with ANY stroller is an art form. I'm a snob too and like the fact that I can take my stroller anywhere.

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7