Discovering Weak Muscles

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
...by accident!

My gluteus medius' have been totally bitter and angry for about the last 3 days, I mean, they were actually causing MAJOR MUSCLE SPASMS for well over a day! It's the closest I will ever get to understanding what labor feels like!

It is important to me to figure out why muscles are bitter and angry because obviously there is a weak muscle that I need to pay more attention to.

I did swimming exercises, followed the next morning by pulling my VFFs out of some VERY sticky mud in the midst of a run, followed by a super-fast 5 miler on pavements (the first half was sub 9 m/m - which is fast for me). I woke up the next day and my gluteus medius' were PISSED off. I usually feel the bulk of muscle use on the SECOND day of working out. But I kept trying to attribute it to what I did the day BEFORE. So I started looking at exercises targeting gluteus medius and re-examining their kinesiology (movement) because obviously they are weak and need targeted exercises. Then I figured it out! On Friday, in the pool, I did "cheerleader air splits" -but in the water - and that is what started it! For those of you who are unaware, water resistance is INCREDIBLY strong and affects the muscles more pervasively than weights. The most pain I have ever endured, has always come from water resistance, never weights.

So, I found this video about the gluteus medius' that does an EXCELLENT job of explaining the problems RUNNERS get from having weak gluteus medius'. So, I thought I'd share.

hmm, that first exercise he did looks somewhat familiar. kind pistol like.

The first? Didn't look pistol like at all. You're high.