Discovering Weak Muscles

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
...by accident!

My gluteus medius' have been totally bitter and angry for about the last 3 days, I mean, they were actually causing MAJOR MUSCLE SPASMS for well over a day! It's the closest I will ever get to understanding what labor feels like!

It is important to me to figure out why muscles are bitter and angry because obviously there is a weak muscle that I need to pay more attention to.

I did swimming exercises, followed the next morning by pulling my VFFs out of some VERY sticky mud in the midst of a run, followed by a super-fast 5 miler on pavements (the first half was sub 9 m/m - which is fast for me). I woke up the next day and my gluteus medius' were PISSED off. I usually feel the bulk of muscle use on the SECOND day of working out. But I kept trying to attribute it to what I did the day BEFORE. So I started looking at exercises targeting gluteus medius and re-examining their kinesiology (movement) because obviously they are weak and need targeted exercises. Then I figured it out! On Friday, in the pool, I did "cheerleader air splits" -but in the water - and that is what started it! For those of you who are unaware, water resistance is INCREDIBLY strong and affects the muscles more pervasively than weights. The most pain I have ever endured, has always come from water resistance, never weights.

So, I found this video about the gluteus medius' that does an EXCELLENT job of explaining the problems RUNNERS get from having weak gluteus medius'. So, I thought I'd share.

hmm, that first exercise he did looks somewhat familiar. kind pistol like.

The first? Didn't look pistol like at all. You're high.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test