BareFoot Runner from Montreal

Benoit Couillard

Barefooters
Sep 2, 2011
Hi all !

Been running for 3 years. Started BF Running 4 months ago after a setback because of PF. PF is gone and I am up to 5 kms/run (on treadmill) !!! Next Step is to start running outside (with minimal shoes; VFF or other).

Bonjour Benoit,Glad to hear

Bonjour Benoit,

Glad to hear that you're on the mend. I suggest you try barefoot outside. It is the best way to develop correct running form. Start real slowly by going barefoot for the first part of your outside runs. Many folks will tell you their mimimalist shoes are as close to barefoot as possible ... but barefoot is barefoot. Nothing compares.

Montreal must be a beautiful city to run in. Rivers, hills, and cobblestones.
regular_smile.gif
I'm in Ottawa. We really only have about 4-6 weeks before it is frosty. Being barefoot through the fall will enable you to try barefoot in the winter too, as you acclimatize.

I hope that we can arrrange to meet up this fall. I'd love to go for a run in Old Montreal.

Barefoot YOW (Rod)

Welcome, Ben!  I applaud

Welcome, Ben! I applaud anyone who can run three miles on a dreadmill. :crown:

Thanks for the advice Rod.  I

Thanks for the advice Rod. I will plan some barefoot in my VFF runs. I'll post my results as I go along...

Yeah Old Montreal is a pretty cool place to run. In any season but the summer time is pretty special
wink.png

Actually, I work in Old Montreal so I go for walk/run during some of my lunches (when I get the times).

Let me know if your in town, we'll try and setup something. May even bring the little one : Sarah. She's almost 9. Runs occasionnally with Dad.

Thanks TJ.  Yeah I know! THE

Thanks TJ. Yeah I know! THE 'DREADMILL'
puzzled.png
. Well, I am using it as a "rehab" tool. Whenever on it, I try and find a place for my mind to go to
wink.png
so it doesnt feel so painfully long and boring. But, like I said, I am pretty much maxed out at 5km and ready to go play outside
cool.png

Bonjour Benoit,Glad to see

Bonjour Benoit,

Glad to see another Canadian jump on board.

Welcome, Ben.  Barefoot

Welcome, Ben. Barefoot sounds a little crazy, but it actually helps you get the best minimal running form (leaned slightly forward, lifting and setting your feet down with no push-off or skidding on landing, with your feet setting down directly under your center of gravity) into muscle memory much faster than if you muffle the feedback your feet provide with minimalist shoes. I tried the same thing, which slowed my transition down significantly.

One of my boys will run with me BF once in a while as well - it's a lot of fun to have your kids come along.

Enjoy!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7