Arts Beats & Eats Festival/Race Shoe Rule Protest

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Reactions: Sid and dutchie53
They are very strict and plan on only issuing waivers to people with doctors notes and letters from their attorney that have never been observed even cycling in shoes. They denied my wife a waiver because she cycles in Kean cyclng sandals even though they know that she walks and runs exclusively barefoot and has both letters. I refused to accept a waiver and am fighting their illegal use of authority in this matter. My attorney says its clear cut, but would cost $100,000 just to get started, and there is no money to win. Instead I'm going the social media campaign route.

Done. I can't believe these idiots are still playing this stupid ass game! :asshat:

Reactions: Longboard
Every race I run has me signing a waiver listing all kinds of things that can happen, up to death, but I never saw bare feet listed on it. I think stepping on glass would probably be covered under the regular waiver.

Reactions: Longboard
Great Fourth of July. Ran a 5K associated with a parade in Ann Arbor MI as the only distance available thus bringing out the serious track club members etc., not only saw another barefoot runner racing but was passed by him, paced by him, passed him, and was passed again by him just before the finish. Was recognized by TWO seperate runners as the guy that made the news, did good for me time-wise , and just following the end of the loud parade received a phone call from the promoter of the Labor Day festival. They will remove the shoes required rule even though he is remaining quite pi$$ed off with me.
Oh well , we win, I just don't feel any love from da guy. Who cares! I still have two BBQ's to go to.
Happy Fourth everyone!

He realized that not only was I not going away, but that every hardball he lobbed at me I easily threw right back at a much higher speed.
The conversation was supposed to be civilized and based on facts, but he started right in with the insurance canard.
I had to go on the offensive very early on, and he caved soon after. He was so unprepared that he even once said: " No shirt , no shoes, no service is pretty much standard everywhere".
He thought he could buy me off last year, and when I refused the personal settlement once again this time around he figured it was time to just move on and admit defeat. He's a busy man with a whole lot of stuff on his plate, and in his mind pleasing a nutcase like me was in his best business interest. He was right..........(but not about his categorization of me)

Reactions: DNEchris
Thanks for fighting for all of us, Board, as you and Ahcuah and others do. Perhaps he actually heard our retorts this time and learned something, instead of just humoring us to shut us up.

Reactions: OdiarAmor
I spoke with Jon Witz yesterday and he has assured me that the "footwear required" notice will be deleted from the FAQ's to be replaced with a reminder that bare feet are at the users own risk.

[The above is actually quoting you from the Facebook page.]

Gee, I wonder if he will also supply a reminder that high heels are at the users own risk.

PS. I notice the FAQ, here: http://www.artsbeatseats.com/frequently-asked-questions/ , has not yet been changed. Let's keep an eye on it.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Yes I've been checking too. I figure I'll give him 10 days before questioning him. He was on a family driving trip to D.C. when he called.

"...barefoot exhibitor and I ended up discussing how Arts Beats and Eats had intentions of prohibiting business people like themselves from being permitted..."

What "barefoot exhibitor?"

The two women were selling stuff, and were barefoot and walking around the fair during the morning slow time

Sounds like he was agreeing to change it just to placate you, with the hopes that you would be satisfied and not follow up to check if he had really gone through with it. I doubt it was ever his intention to change the website. I think you're going to have to push harder and really call his bluff if you want any real action to be done, sadly.

I agree, Mayka. The battle isn't over. Longboard is just the right person to follow through. Apparently, he's been doing so for over a year now with just this one. Right, Board? You go get 'em! :rage:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts