Arts Beats & Eats Festival/Race Shoe Rule Protest

I don't think he would be much "barefoot runner" competition for you. :smug:

S W E E T ! ! ! ! Perseverance, a tenet of taekwondo, pays off! Good job, Board, and everyone who kept the heat on!

Did they update their Facebook posts too?

Reactions: Longboard
S W E E T ! ! ! ! Perseverance, a tenet of taekwondo, pays off! Good job, Board, and everyone who kept the heat on!

Did they update their Facebook posts too?

No, but WE did!

Can you rename this thread for posterity sake, Board? Arts, Beats & Eats - FB Comments Welcome

It's done M'am.

Now that's a much better title. Thank you, sir! Where's the bowing smiley?

Attended the festival barefoot with Diane.
Obviously security had been properly trained this year......not even a second glance.
Only the other festival goers stared on in disbelief as we negotiated the coarse blacktop of the overcrowded streets.
Got a text from fellow BRSer who also made it, and she reported no static regarding her bare feet as well.
Missed the race due to other obligations, but while locking up our bikes a runner recognized me as the barefoot guy from other races and gave us two free admission tickets he had received from his entry fee.
Worked out great!

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Reactions: Longboard
glad to hear it... I wasn't in any condition to be far from home at that point.. but glad it worked out

Next Year! Save the date. 5K or 10K plus the festival. We REALLY should make it a SE Michigan annual event.
Some big-name bands were in the line-up this year (well, big-name considering free w/race entry....Smash Mouth among others. Of course some lesser known local bands were great as well.