Arts Beats & Eats Festival/Race Shoe Rule Protest

I'm sure the guy is thinking that he won't be further challenged on this. He's wrong.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Is this event going on now? Your post makes me think yes. Was anyone denied access?

No, it's not until Labor Day weekend. This week was the Ann Arbor Art fairs, one of the largest in the country. It reminded me to check the AB&E website for changes, and of course there were none. That prompted me to stir it up again, since it's about six weeks away. Tonight Detroit is Marguaritaville for a day as Jimmy plays Comerica Park, Oshkosh is just around the corner, and before we know it the Woodward Dream Cruise will be in full swing. If I don't get this thing settled soon who knows, he just may end up stalling me out long enough to the point that I forget about it all together. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! I need you's guy's (hey I'm from Detroit after all) help now!

Are you going to Oshkosh this year? Maybe you can come down here and fly up there with Scott? Hee. But then who will grill the brauts?

Are you going to Oshkosh this year? Maybe you can come down here and fly up there with Scott? Hee. But then who will grill the brauts?

It is a dream of mine and hubby's to attend Oshkosh.

Do you fly, Lauren? (And did you get my PM earlier today?)

I DID get your PM.

Hubby flies. I tag along for the ride and make sure we are going the right way. (And say stuff like "I think we are heading for the grass" and as we are taking off "I can't get my door shut!!!"

In all seriousness, we don't fly as often as we would love. My 3.5 loves it and my 10 month has never been. Hubby is in s flight club with a group of Army pilots.

What's he fly?

Cessna 172. (I had to look it up)

It is funny because these pilots all signed up to be in the flight club and then realized that most of them aren't certified on fixed wing! The plan was for one of them to become a CFI and then certify everyone else but we rapid short deployments, trainings, and trips... no one is in town long enough!

They are quite the group of characters, I assure you.........

Cessna 172! Argh! I hate that plane. Scary! :nailbiting: Weren't all those built in the 60s? Ours was! My hubby flew us over the Smokies in that thing, and we caught every bit of turbulence there was! Rule #1 for me. Don't fly (or fly in) a 172 over the mountains! He said, "Oh just think of it as a roller coaster ride." I was sick the whole time there and back (2 hours each way). :hungover: I just kept holding on to my little one in his car seat. I know what you mean by the doors coming open. I kept having nightmares that the doors would open and my oldest would fall out. I breathe deeply now just thinking about it.

My hubby formed a flight club too. It allows the guys to share flight time and train one another and fix each other's planes. Really, it's just a way they can get together and BS all day. Whatevs! Not my thing jelly bean!

C-172's are still in production, same basic airframe but much more modern avionics. Cessna had halted single engine piston aircraft production from the mid-80's through the late 90's, but when the legal climate became more favorable to aircraft manufacturers than it had been they fired up the factory once again. Larger de-rated engine, or same new engine spinning a different prop generating 180 horsepower. Wet wings carrying more fuel than the old wing tanks, seats that are more energy dissipating in a crash, but otherwise same 'ole Skyhawk.
Yeah, the BRS Event transport has morphed into a fully loaded up EAA Airventure mobile, we'll take off this Thursday and will be there through the following Friday. Brats are in the fridge and Coleman road Trip Grill in the utility trailer along with more than 20 lbs. of propane, tell Scott the food will be on!
Anybody else from BRS coming? Kean? Anyone?

I don't mean to say that the Cessna was "ours"; I meant that we "borrowed" it as part of his "Fix & Fly" program from one of his friends to fly to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN. I wouldn't own one. That thing freaks me out. Don't let the smile on my face in the pictures fool you! I didn't know what I was in for! :nailbiting:

Reactions: OdiarAmor
At Oshkosh and all set up. Brats anyone?

Reactions: Sid
image.jpg

I will point Scott to this thread. ;-)

I don't mean to say that the Cessna was "ours"; I meant that we "borrowed" it as part of his "Fix & Fly" program from one of his friends to fly to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN. I wouldn't own one. That thing freaks me out. Don't let the smile on my face in the pictures fool you! I didn't know what I was in for! :nailbiting:

I just want to say that I love Gatlinburg!

But only here can you hang out at your campsite and see a few P-51 Mustangs fly over while you're eating breakfast followed by a powered parachute, an ultralight, a few homebuilts, and plenty of other unique stuff as part of a continuous stream. And all thirty thousand other campers are as airplane crazy/nerdy as us!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ and Sid
Scott is airplane sick. He's got one and building two more with plans for a third! He wants me to fly with him, but he never would run barefoot with me! I think that would be a very fair exchange, don't you? I may be a sissy when it comes to flying, but he's a bigger sissy when it comes to running barefoot! :shy:

Reactions: OdiarAmor
As far as I can tell Oshkosh typically gets 3/4 million visitors during the week, but there is only one barefoot aviator in their midst. Not sure if there'd be room for two. Plenty of Cody and five finger "have you ever tried" comments though.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts