A newbie from Muskoka, Canada

dhuddles

Barefooters
Sep 16, 2012
Hello Barefooters!

I'm new to barefoot running, just starting to make the transition from running shod (although I've been walking with minimalist footwear all summer). Not sure how wise this is with winter just a few months away so I'm researching how to keep it up once the snow hits!

I completed my first tri this year (a try-a-tri) and volunteered at our local Ironman 70.3 - was inspired to see some of the finishers in minimalist footwear and decided it's time for me to make the switch. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Cheers,
Dawn

Welcome Dawn, lots of good people on this site so please do not be afraid to ask questions, somebody is always willing to point you in the right direction. Winter running is definitely possible I have done a few miles over the years san shoe, and there are many others that go out as well.

Welcome!

I haven't been through there, closest probably Toronto, but I am envious... on google maps the surrounding area is nothing but lakes, and barely any roads to speak off. Must be beautiful.

Welcome!

Yeah!!! Another member in Ontario. Dawn, where are you? We have runners in TO (bareminimum) and Peterboro (Lou). I think Kareneves is near Owen Sound. Post something in the Canada Chapter and let's see if we can get you running with ones of the Barefoot Canucks. Barefoot or minimalist it does not matter. It's all about getting out and having fun. Learn to listen to your body. It will come in handy on those Tri/Ironman events.

Welcome Dawn! your feet will tell you how to manage cold weather, just don't push it and get injured.

Dave

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7