Who in your family also goes barefoot?

Discussion in 'The Barefoot Pub' started by saypay45, Jul 21, 2010.

1. saypay45

saypay45 Chapter Presidents
    1. Minnesota
    2. Iowa

I've noticed this as well.  I

I've noticed this as well. I just figured I wasn't getting sick because my daughter was out of the cold every 2 weeks stage of development. But both my daughter and my wife had horrible colds last week, and I've yet to have so much as a sniffle.

The last time I got sick was in the winter when I was in minimalist shoes all season. Hmmmmmm.............

2. jschwab

jschwab Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Hubby (Capmikee) and kids,

Hubby (Capmikee) and kids, though the kids are never as into it as I want them to be.

3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Victor posted a good article

Victor posted a good article about people who live barefoot and go barefoot everywhere are less likely to contract bugs. I've been sick a couple of times in the past couple of years that I can remember...but again, that's just me. My hubby tells me I'm defective. :sick:

4. peacekaren

peacekaren Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. North Carolina

Both of my kids are barefoot

Both of my kids are barefoot as much as possible. They both also run barefoot whenever they run anywhere other than school. DH has surprised me a few times this year by spontaneously going barefoot at the park, but it's rare. He goes BF in the house, but he's usually in shoes (often boots) outside.

Good plan!

Congratulations!!!

Peace,

Karen

5. barefootnuch

barefootnuch Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Illinois

I'm the only barefooter

I'm the only barefooter except for my cousins :( lol.

6. nature runner

nature runner Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

barefootnuch wrote: I'm the

Just me and my nephew, my nephew is new at it and hasn't done it a whole lot. I go barefoot even when I am not running, I just like freeing my feet, feels so much better than shoes!

7. barefootnuch

barefootnuch Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Illinois

I know it really does!  The

I know it really does! The most shoe I ever wear is a Nike Free 5.0 or some Asics Gel Pulse 2's in case it gets rocky. Oh well, you have to run barefoot in order to really love running.

8. fetish4running

fetish4running Barefooters
    1. Michigan

I'm really the only committed

I'm really the only committed barefooter. But everyone in my family dabbles in it and my younger kids and I always take barefooted walks. Who doesn't in the summertime? I was quite shocked, however, when my 17 yr old (who has no interest in running) decided he was going to run to a friend's house. He left the house barefoot! I was so thrilled! He actually pays attention to me!

9. Barefooting Bob

Barefooting Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. North Dakota
    3. Nederland -...

My wife also runs barefoot,

My wife also runs barefoot, she was the one who got me into this, and it has been nothing but full steam ahead since. I started with a pair of water shoes ($8.00 pair from Wal-mart) in February of this year to deal with the snow, to a pair of VFF's in the early spring to running 'au natural'.

My wife, Barefoot Nicole, started last year with a friend Gail, they have a blog 'Winnipeg Barefoot Runners', which I am now a part of as well. They went from watershoes and mukaluks in the winter to VFF's and barefoot in the spring and summer.

I would of never known how much fun this is without the little extra push from my wife.

10. Angie Bee

Angie Bee Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Iowa
    3. Kansas
    4. International

My hubby is a barefoot

My hubby is a barefoot runner now! He has been running for 8 or so months now.

My boys are getting to like going without shoes more and more :)

The little ones sure have nice form.

11. Ruben Crisp

Ruben Crisp Barefooters

My wife goes barefoot at home and outside, but not much in public, my 4 boys seem to not care to wear shoes unless they are told to. As for me, I go every where barefoot and receive the wonderful stares and I make sure to smile at the least when they do:happy:

Barefoot TJ likes this.