Who has quit barefoot running?

Good for you, JSchwab.  I'm

Good for you, JSchwab. I'm amazed that Nate ran through our whole winter BF. I'm in your boat as I gradually revert to mostly BF. I'm up to a couple miles now and have gotten pretty comfortable carrying my Biks.

btw, do you have any toenails yet?

I will run less BFR in 2011

I will run less BFR in 2011 but will not ever go back to conventional shoes in any aspect of my life. I am very pleased with where I am at a little over a year since I decided to chuck the shoes. I gave it all I had last year to condition my feet to my local gravel/chipseal roads. I think my surface conditions out the back door finally beat me down. Running was a daily mental war of this does not hurt this does not hurt. I really started to dread my daily runs. I think my last trail half marathon through acorn infested woods put me over the edge. I hate to say it but I looked forward to the cold weather/snow that for me would call for some sort of minimal protection. Since putting on my Soft Stars in November running has become fun again and I have been really cranking out the miles. I do not mind a little gotcha once in awhile or a bad stretch here and there. But I am getting to old for daily runs of discomfort to the point of taking the fun out of running and making me not want to go out the door.

you have to know though, that

you have to know though, that I did get a little frostbite from snow covered trails, so for the most part I stayed on clear dry roads.....and I'm 24/7 barefoot too, I think it makes a difference, I don't just take the shoes off for a run...they are never on....walking through snow and ice a block from my car to the studio, shoveling my drive, etc....it's all about conditioning...running on dry roads in cold is easy on my feet...

NakedSoleNate wrote:you have

NakedSoleNate said:
you have to know though, that I did get a little frostbite from snow covered trails, so for the most part I stayed on clear dry roads.....and I'm 24/7 barefoot too, I think it makes a difference, I don't just take the shoes off for a run...they are never on....walking through snow and ice a block from my car to the studio, shoveling my drive, etc....it's all about conditioning...running on dry roads in cold is easy on my feet...

RESPECT

JosephTree wrote:Good for

JosephTree said:
Good for you, JSchwab. I'm amazed that Nate ran through our whole winter BF. I'm in your boat as I gradually revert to mostly BF. I'm up to a couple miles now and have gotten pretty comfortable carrying my Biks.

btw, do you have any toenails yet?

I just saw this - I did get my toenail back. I didn't understand that the whole nail would grow at once, rather than grow in from the base so I was confused when I even asked the original question. Took a a little over two months.

Um. I gave up barefoot

Um. I gave up barefoot running right away.
wink_smile.gif

I've given up running BF

I've given up running BF temporarily.

Ran bare for 9 or 10 months & loved it...but just couldn't get the form down, & kept scuffing/scraping my toes painfully. So, currently wearing Merrells while learning Pose - hopefully get my feet dirty again this Summer :)

Still barefoot for everything else tho' - once you get the taste for it, there's no going back!

Every Winter (4 or 5 now), I

Every Winter (4 or 5 now), I give up barefoot running and resort to aquasocks (one Winter was with racing flats). But by the time Spring comes around again, I re-discover the joys of barefoot running.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7