Weekly Mileage 10th Week of 2012

I got probably close to a mile barefoot in the grass today chasing my little boy around with lots of little sprints. Man that kid is gonna be one heck of a runner some day. It was really nice to feel the slight dampness of the grass on my feet. Not used to being barefoot on natural surfaces, I'm usually only on man made surfaces.

12.5 mi so far for me consisting of two treadmill runs. Should've been more but I hurt my back yesterday so I'm taking it easy.

hot yoga yesterday - lots of hip opening
10,25km at lunch today

Did a 45-minute spin on my bike in the shed this morning. That back pain I have made it rather difficult to sit in the beginning but by the end was less noticeable.

Week 2, Day 3 of E25K yesterday. Same amount of time but went faster and therefore farther - 2.14 miles I think. The E25K app on my phone is definitely off on pace tracking, though. It showed my average pace was faster than my running pace. Average 16:01 min/mile, run pace in the high 16's. Obviously the running pace was way off.

Not sure if I'm ready to progress to week 3. Week 3 starts off with running 3 minutes, and the longest I've ever run is more like 2 minutes. I might repeat week 2 again. We'll see.

Another six miles split between today and yesterday. I'm going to try to run outside tomorrow to see if that'll motivate me to run as long as I need to at this point. Hoping to get in a couple of 4-5 hour runs before my 100 miler in five weeks.

Saturday: Ran 8.34 miles to wrap up my 10th week with 30.01 miles.

Nasty threshold session on the turbo trainer last night. Painful and intended to be.

Today 25.85km easy distance running with MAF HR cap in place.

so, is this the last day of the week or the first? I can never remember... :confused:

Did about 7mi on Wed, and the same on Friday, and about 20mi today... large swaths of the miles barefoot, a few swaths in my water shoes.

Saturday: easy 8k barefoot
Sunday: Long run of 11 km shod plus 15 km barefoot. Unfortunately my feet were wet and starting to feel blistery even in my shoes. Taking them off didn't help and I ended up with two small blisters underneath my 5th metatarsal heads. My longest BF run by about 30%.

Weekly total of 75 km, 49 km barefoot. Highest ever for both. :D

Another 15 mi tonight, or 25.3 km. Total for the week is 55.3 km or about 35 miles. My week ends Sunday.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts