Weekly Mileage 10th Week of 2012

A little cooler to start off the week, but still sunny. At first I thought I should have worn my jacket when I went out at lunch, but then I warmed up and felt fine.

Continuing on with Week 2 of my E25K app, repeated W2D1 today and will continue this week. This week consists of:

5 minute warmup
45s run
60s walk
60s run
90s walk
90s run
2 minute walk
repeat 3 times
5 minute cooldown

It actually seems like it's getting easier. Woohoo progress! Although the last 90s run was really tough for me. I ended up stopping short, but only about 3 or 4 seconds before the last Walk prompt. But the other runs I completed in their entirety. On Friday I stopped short 2 or 3 times, but today only once.

I went the same 2 mile distance as before, but was closer to my office when it said workout complete, which obviously means I went faster than last time.

Sunday, 75 minutes on the turbo trainer
Today 10.25km run, in my trail gloves

Today was my first run in a week. Been sick, still sick I guess. I have a 15k in a week and a half though and cannot afford to let my cardio go too much. Did 3.11 miles at my goal race pace between 12-12:30/mile while pushing a stroller (there's a 5 mile long hill in this race) and struggled whole way with my breathing. This sinus thing sucks, ugh. My legs felt fine though so that's encouraging. Hopefully I'm better by next week.

Short and sharp for me today. A 5km time trial for another forum's online league.

Came in at 20:09 in huaraches, 7.3km in total inc warm up/cool down

Sunday: Nothing!
Monday: Nothing...oh, wait, I did spin on my bike for 65 minutes.
Tuesday: Ran an easy 3.7 miles and did a spin on my bike for 45 minutes.
Today: Ran 7.65 miles.

Continuing Week 2 of E25K, so another 2 miles. Bit by bit it actually seems to be getting easier. I did not stop short on any of the running sections, nor did I stop moving at all for the entire workout (stopped 2 or 3 times for 3 seconds at most on Monday).

Ran 10.32 miles that started off as "I don't have the motivation and my back is hurting" to starting to feel better by mile 3, at mile 6-7 I hit the headwind and started slowing a bit, and by mile 9 I mailed it in and walked the last 1.32 miles. By the time I got home the back ache had started and my feet, knees, hips and legs were killing me.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts