Warm vs Cold Weather Running Question

I tried some of your suggestions for rainy running - I wore my huaraches until I warmed up and I cut off the ankles of some old socks for ankle warmers. I did not try vaseline, as I don't currently have any, but I certainly may try that in the future.

I worked great. My feet were still cool, but not cold and tingly. But I do have a couple spots on both feet that are peeling. I don't have any blisters or pain, and the skin isn't broken, but there's just some random tiny (smaller than the head of an eraser) spots that are peeling. Is this because my soles aren't tough enough? I was doing really good when the ground was dry. Or is this just normal? I just wonder, if it keeps happening, and it's always rainy here, how do keep my soles tough?
That sounds normal Agnesd. With more time it will get better. We had a very rainy summer in Utah and I loved it. The rain seemed to soften the ground and made it very enjoyable. I avoided wet conditions for my first year and now regret it. Now, I still have trouble going from wet to dry, my feet just seem to be a little more sensitive. I'm ok if I don't push the pace on the dry after my feet have been softened from the wet. If it is wet, and stays wet, no problems.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7