Transtioning to shoes, and not happy.

I've always joked that people

I've always joked that people could put sandpaper in their shoes during those times they cannot run bare, just to keep the soles conditioned. Although I was teasing, I really don't think there's anything wrong with it. I mean, it kinda goes along with the "bucket training" and "ice water training" that some do. They work.

I don't think it would do

I don't think it would do anything except abrade the same few spots over and over and do nothing to promote thickening or toughening. Never tried it though, hope to read some reports soon.

I ran at 32 degrees F with no sun and plenty of wind last week, but the road was dry and salt free.

I'm really spoiled this month, ran and biked barefoot today, usually not possible for me this time of year in MI.

Plenty of rain tonight, some snow tomorrow, looks like the party's over.

Went for a ten mile run today

Went for a ten mile run today 8 in my VFF's (first shoe run since April for me) and the last 2 bare. Had about 4 inches of fresh snow fall overnight, so it was perfect no sand trucks out yet since it was Saturday. Felt good to lose the shoes at the end though. Looks like its going to be a white Christmas after all :santa: