Toronto Life Article - Dear Urban Diplomat: Can I go barefoot on the treadmill at the gym?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Kind of a sucky situation, but my vote is for running outside or use VFF's, especially with the burning problems people report from going BF on a treadmill.

I run on the treadmill (when i have too) in my socks. A pair of Injini's work like a charm and it saves that burning feeling from the treadmill after a few miles.

Reactions: happysongbird
I've got BF-access on a gym-quality treadmill, right in my home. I never take 'advantage' of it though. It's just too unnatural of an experience.

I asked at a local sports center that has a gym and a running track if I could run barefeet on the track. Might as well asked if I could smoke crack in the front entrance!! Said it was a "hygiene issue"! I asked her if she had been in any of the change rooms lately!!

I asked at a local sports center that has a gym and a running track if I could run barefeet on the track. Might as well asked if I could smoke crack in the front entrance!! Said it was a "hygiene issue"! I asked her if she had been in any of the change rooms lately!!
Would have asked if she had sat on any of the weight equipment lately. There are some guys like me who forget to wipe down the equipment when they are done. Even when I do wipe them down I never use an antimicrobial or whatever, so it's more of just a visibility clean than a really clean. Ewwwww.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7