Timing Chip Preparedness Warning

T
he huge website has no timing info, so I'll definitly wear my ankle strap.
This was the shot from last year w/ dmchesny and Richards, Diane, and I after SEVERAL pints!

Guess it won't work.
Bummer

Dama, i gave up ice cream and all dairy years ago. as much chile as i eat i've never had any exit wounds. i can handle a lot. adonde creciste? mis padres son de mexico y mi padre todovia vive en tecate. le visito cada rato.

Hola Isabele, como estas?
Estoy bien, gracias, y tu?
Bien gracias. Oye, quiene ese chico?
Se llamo Juan, ven italo presento.
Albondigas...no te dije?
That's all I've got.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Got to keep up our image to the shodsters. Can't even count how many times someone has yelled out "Hard Core!" at a race.
We wash down the hot stuff post race with triple IPA!
Just would'nt look right any other way unless you do the barefoot thing the "Green" route and do some soy milk w/enimomy or however you spell it.

Reactions: Bare Lee

Hey TJ, I had the photo thing down in the non "the" BRS, I just posted to the "other" joint and then it showed up here easily.
This place now says Facebook "media" can be linked, which is whatI did...this was a picture Richards took with her own camera and posted on her FB site. Being tagged in it has it on mine, but just the red X shows up here.
Known issue or just my own fluke?

Dama, i gave up ice cream and all dairy years ago. How bout some ice cubes?
as much chile as i eat i've never had any exit wounds. i can handle a lot. That is good!
adonde creciste? Naci y creci en las montanas Nayaritas en la costa Pacifica al Norte de Puerto Vallarta, es my hermoso alla tu tienes que visitar esa parte del pais.
Tecate y Mexicali no es lo mismo. Bonito pero no igual.
mis padres son de mexico y mi padre todovia vive en tecate. le visito cada rato.

Miguel no necesite el hielo. El esta el culo duro original. Translation: Mike don't need no stinking ice cubes. He's the original tough guy.
(Lo siento, but I have nothing but gutter Espanish.)

...and to the original topic, I also always try to remember to wear my ankle RoadID, just in case I pop a gasket or get run over, they won't have to drag my butt over the mat at the end to find out who I was.

JT, my spanish tells me that's not what the translation should read. it's not clean enough to be typed on this site.

JT, my spanish tells me that's not what the translation should read. it's not clean enough to be typed on this site.

Haha, Mike's right JT, I noticed that too. There's one word there that in many Latin American countries would be considered "offensive", not sure if that was the intention though... ;)

EDIT: Although to be most fair, the word (let's stop beating around the bush, it's "culo") it's a perfectly normal and inoffensive word in spanish from Spain.

Okay, I have read this, and had a question.
Does the tag always register if worn with an ankle strap? Does it have to be placed really close to the foot?
Has anyone tried to attach it directly to the top of the foot using an elastic or rubber band slightly larger than a wristband, or tie a cloth or Velcro™ strip in this manner?
I ask because twice I have been shafted out of my tag time because the thing failed to register, and figured I should ask some with more experience before two big races occur, and if I needed to buy something (other than an ankle strap, for which I would use a neon-yellow cloth strip I can tie to the ankle and which I use when bicycling at night to supplant reflective footwear).
Thanks in advance!

i have a road id anklet and it has worked to register my times. i forgot to bring it to one race and paraganek loaned me his wrist velcro strap. stayed on until the knee deep mud, right before the finish line! road id has straps you can order w/out the id for much cheaper.

Reactions: Barefoot Walker
Ever since I started barefoot - first race in may 2012 - all races have used the b-tag chip in the bib instead of the d-tag that went on the shoe. Not sure if some races maybe still use the d-tags, but I've done 8 or 10 races in a row that use the bib chips now.

Most have switched to the Btag, but not all. Some smaller races still use the reusable chip to save money, and some smaller timing companies report better results with the old style re-use ones vs the newer Btag. Every big timing company owner I've talked to says the Btags are the most reliable though. I haven't seen a Dtag at all this year.

Thanks for the info all!
Here, we use the ankle chips, which I guess are what you refer to as “D-tags”. I never have seen a bib tag yet. I presume those are figured in as part of the race entry since they are not reusable.
If you ever get to a race in my area, maybe we can meet up!

The Dtags are a disposable that goes on a shoelace or ankle strap. The Btags are the same basic disposable but powerful enough to be read from the bib. The reusable chips are probably what you are encountering.
Where is your area?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts