The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

Oh, and Chase, I am bringing

Oh, and Chase, I am bringing my cell phone and taking pics with it. Iphone takes alright pics and videos... but nothing better than that.

Ultralive.net is set up for the 100 for sure but now it appears it is not for sure it will track the 50s.

I'll be using my alternate twitter race accound and phone will tweet every mile the last loop for my family to know I'm alive.

I'm off on Friday but will do

I'm off on Friday but will do some family stuff in the morning before heading down. I'm thinking 3:30ish ETA. I like Cheddars but not enough to drive an hour for. I'm fine with eating local. Keep your fingers crossed that we see some changes in the weather because it is looking more and more like a soggy weekend.
Who has run any kind of distance in the rain? I've got zero experience and just a pancho.

Just a marathon. 40s and

Just a marathon. 40s and rain... so no trails. The VFFs I had on for that were the worst part. You get used to the rain on the body. Standing at the start sucks.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Just

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Just a marathon. 40s and rain... so no trails. The VFFs I had on for that were the worst part. You get used to the rain on the body. Standing at the start sucks.
I totally forgot about that! You are officially our rain running guru. I was kind of thinking that the rain would be cleared out by race time but that is looking less and less likely. There is still plenty of time for things to change but everything seems to be slowly moving towards a rainy race.

I've ran some trails in the

I've ran some trails in the rain, but never in the cold rain. Not sure how thats going to work out. But bf trail running in rain is a blast!

Oh, in a related, yet unintentional, way I trained for cold rain this evening. I just say in an ice bath for about 30 minutes. It wasnt too bad, just cold. Lol.

Barefoot Gentile wrote:Good

Barefoot Gentile said:
Good luck fellas! Looking forward to hearing about it.

Thanks Adam!

As far a Friday night dinner, theres a few places in Huntsville. I knows theres a Chilies, but I'm not a huge fan of their food. I'm down with a few Subway subs myself.

Chaserwilliams wrote:I've ran

Chaserwilliams said:
I've ran some trails in the rain, but never in the cold rain. Not sure how thats going to work out. But bf trail running in rain is a blast!

Oh, in a related, yet unintentional, way I trained for cold rain this evening. I just say in an ice bath for about 30 minutes. It wasnt too bad, just cold. Lol.
Ice bath? Why? I've done them after my local races but not just randomly for the hey of it

Looks like rain Friday. I'll

Looks like rain Friday. I'll bring some chairs but if you want your own bring it and there should be plenty of room for all 5 of us to hang out in the center room of my tent if we have down time between things. I plan on doing a 1 mile barefoot test run on the trail at some point.

Hey! I know what Bubba looks

Hey! I know what Bubba looks like! I'm a stalker! Really, I saw your wife posted on the Tejas Trails FB. Does she condone running with us nut jobs? Gotta get that head shaved my friend.

I mentioned we will be barefoot and Chase and I have shaved heads. Some of the people I work with in the criminal justice system say we will probably look like escaped convicts since they have to shave their heads, lol.

The forecast is finally

The forecast is finally coming together and there is pretty good consensus among the overnight model runs. It is pretty much locked in that we will see rain Friday night into Saturday morning but the exact timing is still up in the air. It looks like the rain should clear out Saturday morning but some slight changes in the evolution of the system could give us rain throughout the day on Saturday.

The course is getting rain today but it should be less than 0.33 inch. This is the 2nd rain out there in the past 10 days and the course will be nice and moist come race day.

Dam that Facebook! I don't

Dam that Facebook! I don't use that crap but I have not found a way to stop her from using hers yet! My buddy was telling me yesterday that I should get an orange jumpsuit to run the race in.

Hey, one other note if you

Hey, one other note if you are considering head lamps or not for the first twenty minutes. Course markers will be reflective not lit, so you have to have a light to see them reflecting in the dark.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Hey,

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Hey, one other note if you are considering head lamps or not for the first twenty minutes. Course markers will be reflective not lit, so you have to have a light to see them reflecting in the dark.

I am not using one. We don't start until 7:00 am and there are like 300+ people running the 50 mile. I think it will be pretty easy to find our way early on.

The bald head and orange jump

The bald head and orange jump suit would be a hoot! You should go for it! If anything, it would make a good Halloween race day outfit, but you'd have to substitute the bare feet for flip-flops, since that's what they issue to prisioners.

Yeah, I think it will be

Yeah, I think it will be crowded enough to not need any lighting. Now if I were running the 100 I would obviously need one.

Pic of the trail today...

Pic of the trail today...
420473_2528500368697_1139094248_31842644_1443805390_n.jpg

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon