The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Chaser let me know soon on the tent. The girl I am getting it from is bringing it to her sisters house this weekend in Huntsville from Houston (she is going anyhow). I know both of them from high school. They are cool with us borrowing it. I will get it Friday morning if so.

I set my new tent up for the first time today. 18 feet long, 3 rooms. Each side room fits a queen size mattress, middle is big and 6 feet tall. It is the coolest tent I have ever had. I hope it holds up well to rain.

Time to officially taper... no more long runs at all. And I'm not injured. Knees got someone tweeked some lately but should be good to go by then.

Goy 60 miles in this week, so I feel good about that. Had long runs of 30 miles and 26.2 within the last few weeks. Pretty excited. Hope we all make it to the start line!!!

Jason, just think, if you bumped down to the 50, you could hang with us and hear Chase and my nonsense for hours on end! Great conversation topics over 15 miles included:

-Barefoot running.

-Minorities that don't like to be called other minorities.

-Gays in the military.

-Children.

-"scenery" (think a word Chaser loves that TJ probably does not want me to say here)

-Austin.

-Leaving your kids home and going to disney world.

-Bubba's height?

And more! I'm quite sure at least a few runners trailing or just ahead of us must have been offended by at least 1 thing we said.

Don't miss out!

Bubba, are you really like 6'6? If so, if we get near cameras, we separate. I don't need to look any more like a midget.
Ha! Yes, 6'6 and I will run the 50 in under 7 hours and then cut down a bunch of trees. I'm guessing that I'm taller than yall but not 6'6.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Yep,

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Yep, Accuweather says a lot the same and has put out their first forecast:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/huntsville-tx/77320/daily-weather-forecast/331115?day=11

Does this affect your shoe plans? I know if anyone is thinking VFFs, they suck in the rain. I am planning more and more barefoot but will have the trail gloves on me for the first loop and the MT110s with Jim in case I want to switch to that. I think I will head to San Marcos to see if I can get a rain jacked kind of Like Chase got for cheap. I just want something super thin to keep me dry with a hood.
Yes, it does. I was originally planning on going Luna but hate them when it is wet. I'm going to toss them in my drop bag but plan to run in the MT 110s. I've been super pleased with my 110s and I'm going to wear them at Hells Hills so I figured make things easy and wear them at RR.

I think I am sticking with

I think I am sticking with barefoot, carrying the Trail Gloves, and then if needed going to the MT110s. Every time I run in the 110s I get knee issues, but that is usually on dry, hilly dirt.

Taper Madness - What you got?

Taper Madness - What you got?

I usually find my way into an ad hoc eating contest, convince myself that I'm too fat to run, worry every morning that I'll injure myself getting out of bed, and last but not least.... Watch keyboard cat!

I was supposed to just run a

I was supposed to just run a mile yesterday and ran 5 of huge hills... I have a cold that is peaking and when I have a cold I like to run all the snot out...

Updated RR Forecast: No

Updated RR Forecast: No Rain!!! I am les concerned about rain during the run than I am the night before.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/huntsville-tx/77320/daily-weather-forecast/331115?day=12

[*]NowWeekendExtended Forecast Month[/list]

11 - 15 of 15 days | All 15 Days< Previous 5 days[/list]Previous 5 DaysDay & Night Hourly Forecast Chance of Precipitation [/list] Sunny Hi 61° RealFeel® 62° Day
sm_NNE.png
[*]NNE at 7 mphGusts: 20 mph[/list]
Sunshine
[*]Max UV Index: 5 (moderate)[*]Thunderstorm Probability: 0%[*]Amount of Precipitation: 0.00 in[*]Amount of Rain: 0.00 in[*]Amount of Snow: 0.0 in[*]Amount of Ice: 0.00 in[*]Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs[*]Hours of Rain: 0 hrs[/list] Clear Lo 43° RealFeel® 43° Night
sm_ENE.png
[*]ENE at 5 mphGusts: 13 mph[/list]

Hey, I direct emailed you

Hey, I direct emailed you back. You get that?

As I taper I am realizing I am not happy with my over all mileage over the last month due to the foot and then knee injuries... but I got in a 30,26, and 15 mile run, all with runs the day before and after over the last month, so hopefully all is okay. Got in 60 last week... much less will be done this week.

So... Yeah, about that taper

So... Yeah, about that taper stuff.... Is 2 months long enough of a taper? Lol!

Really though, my longest run in the past few months has been 21 in trails, with a 26 several months back..... I'm putting all my eggs in the aerobic conditioning basket.

I would have liked more miles

I would have liked more miles too. Keeping them real low to baby the knee. If I can just make it to the starting line! I feel like even if I have to drag a dead leg I can do it in 29 hours.

Updated Weather:Friday -

Updated Weather:

Friday - 53-74 with rain

Saturday -33-69 with rain

Sunday-34-53 Sunshine

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/huntsville-tx/77320/daily-weather-forecast/331115?day=11

Wow. This thing changes like every day from one to another, but I'm guessing it should be getting more and more accurate as we move foreward. Bubba, you seem to know a lot about this. Any studies done on confidence in forecasting plotted against time?

I would've liked to have

I would've liked to have gotten in more miles but I'm pretty happy to be going into the race 100% healthy. I have shelfed any time goals and just want to finish feeling good and be able to roll right into training for Hells Hills. I'm going to go all out at HH since it will be my last race of the season.

I don't know if Hells Hills

I don't know if Hells Hills is the best race to go all out on, it appears to be a very difficult and technical trail

I'm hoping to run a half marathon in March, and I plan on going all out in it and hope to get as close to a 1:30:00 as possible.... I figure if I can run 50, 13.1 should be sprintable, lol!

Chaserwilliams wrote:I don't

Chaserwilliams said:
I don't know if Hells Hills is the best race to go all out on, it appears to be a very difficult and technical trail

I'm hoping to run a half marathon in March, and I plan on going all out in it and hope to get as close to a 1:30:00 as possible.... I figure if I can run 50, 13.1 should be sprintable, lol!
When I say go all out, I mean run fast enough to beat you! A buddy of mine is trying to get me to run a half with him on March 24 but I'm not so sure about it.

Yeah, also take note that

Yeah, also take note that Tejas Trails now has a trail marathon called Pandora's Box of Rox in May. Brand new race. I plan on going all out too. All out may end up being slow, but that is the plan. As long as I have finished 1 50 I will be ready to start pushing in the speed of lower mileage. I'm pretty excited. Hope this cold is over with, but if not oh well. A diahrea bug is going around at work now too so tomorrow I plan on going in my office and shutting my door all day.

Must be a BIG

Must be a BIG diarrhea epidemic because EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas! Ha!

Barefoot TJ wrote:Must be

Barefoot TJ said:
Must be a BIG diarrhea epidemic because EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas! Ha!

Except for me... but yeah. Any epidemic of that sort is too big for me.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Updated Weather:

Friday - 53-74 with rain

Saturday -33-69 with rain

Sunday-34-53 Sunshine

Wow. This thing changes like every day from one to another, but I'm guessing it should be getting more and more accurate as we move foreward. Bubba, you seem to know a lot about this. Any studies done on confidence in forecasting plotted against time?
Long range forecasting is as much voodoo as science! Well, not really, but trying to pin down a daily beyond 4 or 5 days is really tough. That site is probably pegged to a certain model and the forecast grids are updated when the new data is pushed out.
The models have really been flopping around for race weekend. The problem is that we have a pretty fast zonal flow in place and if a system doesn't dig into the desert SW then it is moved along rather fast. So one model may dig a system or cut it off from the flow and give us rain for race day but another may not and have rain over the NE US. So a pretty big difference for the same time frame. The MJO and PNA both look to have a wet signal for that time frame and the 6z model runs have rain on Thursday. The models have been too fast with these systems and that kind of leads me to think we could see rain on Friday or Saturday.

Lol, Bubba said PMS... hehe..

Lol, Bubba said PMS... hehe..

What happened to your medal

What happened to your medal in your signature, NotSo? Did your check bounce too? Hee.

Please write to Jamie at [email protected], and he will help you fix it.