Running more by running less (often)

Laura, that's the nicer and much more traditional approach. However, in the relatively rare case wherein one spouse in an otherwise happy relationship goes through a sea change and realizes that her sexual orientaion ain't what it used to be, and in the even rarer case wherein the two primaries still feel a considerable sense of obligation to the 3 children and while they even manage to maintain a pretty good sense of humor about the whole thing, the solution becomes GirlFriends (plural,one for each, currently) and very careful schedule coordination.

Laura, that's the nicer and much more traditional approach. However, in the relatively rare case wherein one spouse in an otherwise happy relationship goes through a sea change and realizes that her sexual orientaion ain't what it used to be, and in the even rarer case wherein the two primaries still feel a considerable sense of obligation to the 3 children and while they even manage to maintain a pretty good sense of humor about the whole thing, the solution becomes GirlFriends (plural,one for each, currently) and very careful schedule coordination.
Well, that makes the references more understandable. Thank you for your kind reply.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I felt like I needed to run 5-6 days a week for a while as well. But since I've started doing more serious distance running, I have noticed that it just isn't feasible. I run every other day, no more than 3 times a week. Usually it is MWSa, but if I have a race (they are usually on Sunday here for some reason), then I do TRSu. My TR runs are supposed to just be shorter 30 minute runs. I just felt that was not enough, so I was boosting the time to half of what I ran on the weekend. Yeah, after a few weeks, I realized why those are supposed to be shorter runs. I could tell my body wasn't getting enough recovery time. So I cut back to just 30 minutes on those days (as much as that drives me nuts) and have felt a bit better. But I know there are some people that can go out and run 15 miles everyday with no problem. I'm just not built that way and have to listen to my body. One of the best runners in Tucson averaged over 100 miles per week in his training. Crazy. I think that maybe I've had 100 miles in a month a few times, but not in a week. But his body can handle it and that's great for him. I'm just never going to take him up on his offer of going for a run...haha ;)