Religous bfr's

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
I was asked if we had a bfr spiritual forum, I was like ummm no! My friend who is interested is a christian, and wondered if we had a forum for people who believed in spiritual stuff? I was like I will get the word out and see what happens!

If we get a Christian forum

If we get a Christian forum then I want a Lord Danko Jones forum.

I could care less personally,

I could care less personally, I just told him i would ask. Wouldn't matter to me if it was satans bfr forum. I am not a satanist, but running to me is not about spiritualism? I am just asking for my friend!

Nature - my personal

Nature - my personal relationship with Yahweh through his Son, Jesus, is the driving force in my life. That said, His only influence on my barefoot running has been through allowing me to wear myself out heel-striking for 25 years. I'll be glad to talk with other Christians about BFR here (and Christianity elsewhere), but I don't think we need a set-aside forum, as that has nothing to do with the purpose of this site. Just my thoughts.

If we have a BF Christian

If we have a BF Christian forum, we'll need a Minimalist Christian forum...just sayin ;)

I think it would probably

I think it would probably just devolve into anger or awkwardness. I mean I'm a christian myself, but I don't see how an online religious debate could possibly end well.

Last Place Jason wrote:I've

Last Place Jason said:
I've been pushing for a Flying Spaghetti Monster forum for Blind Boy, Bourbonfeet, and I, but we haven't had much success.

Good one lol! Like i said he asked if i would ask, being man of my word I asked just like i said i would. I don't even attend church at all. So, like i said I don't really care. I was just being true to my word and asked?

I'm all for respecting other

I'm all for respecting other people's spiritual beliefs...theoretically. I'm just not real good at it, I'm afraid. Working on it. The best I can usually muster is a sense of humor, and hope others make allowances for me, a born again Unitarian.

barefoot ramzev wrote:If we

barefoot ramzev said:
If we have a BF Christian forum, we'll need a Minimalist Christian forum...just sayin ;)

lol.png
This was totally my first thought when I read the original post.

and no one trusts us

and no one trusts us Atheists, for reasons I can't quite understand...we are a reasonable bunch....

we could go into "have a

we could go into "have a soul" discussion all night, but it's out of perspective of this forum...a belief in "soul" is just that, a belief,...and besides, there are plenty of atheists that believe in all manners of spiritual experiences...the ONLY thing all atheists have in common, is the idea that no individual, separate, entity called "god" exists...saying that "atheistism doesn't exist" from my point of view, is the same thing as saying "the belief that santa clause doesn't exist, doesn't exist, because many people get gifts on christmas"....it's an odd thing to say.

I concur Long Board

I concur Long Board :)

I guess these days being

I guess these days being barefoot on campus might be politicaly ambiguous.

When I was in college it was assumed that you were against the Viet Nam war and pro dope smokin' if you showed up

in class barefoot.

Apparently this week in Colorado any barefoot students will be considered pro-life Christians.

What happens when pro-choice students decide that shoelessness is representative of a woman's right to choose?

Bare feet should be just that, bare feet, and nothing else.

I agree...and I guess if

I agree...and I guess if anyone thinks I'm anti-choice this week, I'll know why...my barefoot lifestyle is simply that, a way for ME to experience life, it says no more about my religious or political proclivities than the way I choose to comb (or not) my hair.

Adam and Nate: Your

Adam and Nate: Your discussion is the exact reason I don't think we should have a religious forum. There are plenty of other resources out there if you want to debate the finer points of faith so there's really no need to create one here. Besides, religious does not mean Christian even if some of you seem to think so. If we were to do this we'd need to do it right and create either one big forum for all religions together and make sure they all get treated fairly, or we'd need a separate one for each. Both are tons of work in terms of moderation and maintenance and I wouldn't trust myself to be fair there due to my personal belief system, that science will always provide the closest approximation of the truth available at any given point in time.

Then there's the question of where we stand as a society. While I'd say that it's safe to assume most of our members are Christians the BRS as a whole does not, as far as I know, have a religious affiliation. While some might find barefoot running a spiritual experience and it might bring them closer to their chosen deity, this is not an angle I think we should use. We have enough working against our cause without getting into things we can't prove. (This is a tangent but faith can't exist if you have proof, once you prove it, it becomes the truth and you don't need faith.) We have enough trouble getting people to listen to the things we can prove.

Blind Boy wrote:Adam and

Blind Boy said:
Adam and Nate: Your discussion is the exact reason I don't think we should have a religious forum. There are plenty of other resources out there if you want to debate the finer points of faith so there's really no need to create one here.

Yep.

I guess I opened up a

I guess I opened up a can of worms sorry people! I will say this, even though I don't attend church now I was active before from birth til about 6 yrs ago. I am a christian ( not active at the moment ) and I am not ashamed about it and I truly believe that a christian shouldn't be ashamed to tell people that. I think everyone is looking way past my opening statement, I was asking for a friend, I told him I would ask and I am a man of my word so I asked. He saw all these posts and said thanks but no thanks. He said he knew when he was running that the Lord was with him and that was all he needed? But, I did what he asked and I don't apologize for that at all. I would have done it for any of my friends. I apoloize for causing division. Christianity is about togetherness and unity as a family. Division is heading down the wrong road, for that I am sorry I started this thread, never knew how people could get so nasty over eternity?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7