Religous bfr's

I personally have a strong

I personally have a strong belief in one side or another. However, the only relevance to my running is that if I'm in my hauraches, one might say that I'm running in "Jerusalem Cruiser's." :) Otherwise, it's pointless here.

Nature - thanks for honoring

Nature - thanks for honoring your word to ask. No harm done.

Danjo - wise words from a young man.

Adam - thanks for your affirmation.

Nate - right on the money. BFR society has its common denominator as physical fitness, not our hair combing or spiritual relationships. Let's all help each other wherever and however we can, and for as long as we can.

Blind boy - I second Norm's "yep" on your first two sentences. You hit the nail on the head - this is not the place to debate our disagreements; it's the place to help each other with the very specific challenges of BFR that are common to us all, and in which we can enourage and direct each other.

I hope that we can now stick a fork in this one as "tested and probed, all interested users commented and agreed that while this issue is centrally important to some of us in life, it is irrelevant to the forum's users in this format."

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts civilly.

My soles are my soul That's

My soles are my soul ;) That's about as much spirituality as I'd be willing to get into here, there's a place for everything and I'm not sure it's necessary here. Barefooting, minimalism and BRS welcome all walks of life...so long as you hold sacred your version of the Golden Rule.

nature runner wrote:       

nature runner said:
I guess I opened up a can of worms sorry people! I will say this, even though I don't attend church now I was active before from birth til about 6 yrs ago. I am a christian ( not active at the moment ) and I am not ashamed about it and I truly believe that a christian shouldn't be ashamed to tell people that. I think everyone is looking way past my opening statement, I was asking for a friend, I told him I would ask and I am a man of my word so I asked. He saw all these posts and said thanks but no thanks. He said he knew when he was running that the Lord was with him and that was all he needed? But, I did what he asked and I don't apologize for that at all. I would have done it for any of my friends. I apoloize for causing division. Christianity is about togetherness and unity as a family. Division is heading down the wrong road, for that I am sorry I started this thread, never knew how people could get so nasty over eternity?

Nature, it's all good, no need to be sorry! You don't have to an active christian just by attending church. Active to me is a good pray life, daily bible readings, having a relationship with God. Within the last two years I have gained a closer relationship with God, I grew up a catholic, but I do not believe alot of the catholic doctrines anymore. So I consider myself a non-denominational christian. I still attend my RCC, they do keep Christ in the forefront, and I will attend any denominational church as long as they don't water down the true gospel of christ. Fellowshipping is not an option for christians, but the Bible clearly tells us to not forsake the assembling of our brothers and sisters. When I do attend church I feel a bit of strengthening in my faith, but I don't attend church every week.

my post looks kinda funny

my post looks kinda funny and out of context with the edit of the post above it...but that's ok...to many people, my life looks out of context :-D...

And I agree....lets talk about running religiously, and politically support each other in our BF and Minimalist running lifestyle!!!

I see God in

I see God in everything, whether it's giving me the health to run, or beautiful places to run at, good feet to run with, God is as much involved in my running than I am, etc... I am not going to argue over it, after all it's always up to an individuals personal relationship with God to believe. It's not up to me or anybody else. Everyone has an opinion and I will not post about it anymore! All of this was over me posting it for a friend. I guess this is what I get for being Mr. Nice guy lol haha!

It's all fun Nature....I

It's all fun Nature....I didn't think anyone was uncivil or "mean" or anything....I found it quite interesting. But, yeah, like other "families" not something that should be perviewed here, as it is out of the scope of mission for the forums...don't beat yourself up about it, I don't think anyone thinks any less of you or anything like that. You are a good friend, and a really cool dude, I don't even think it was a "mistake" to post....how do you know if you don't ask??

Sorry Nate, I did edit my

Sorry Nate, I did edit my post. It was a bit off the wall, but not to let you hanging out there, I said atheism doesn't exists.

Yeah politics and religion bad topics.

I actually have no clue about politics, and have zero interest with those kind of people. Talk about corruption and a cesspool of sin. Having confidence in carnal men is such a scarey thought.

I think it was nice of you to

I think it was nice of you to ask for your friend. It's not such an odd question to me. There are many strains of Christianity that promote and celebrate physical endeavors/fitness. Many elites run as a personal expression of their faith as well. One of my favorite images is of a Catholic runner leading a 10K race (Olympics? I can't remember) repeatedly making the sign of the cross in the last yards. I believe Meb did the same winning the marathon. In the women's forum of RWOL there are often postings pertaining to religion - modest dress for Orthodox runners, etc. Your friend is welcome to come and post. I don't see talking about religion as an immediate pathway to debate.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon