Peoples reactions when barefoot - not running thread

They have a reaction to running barefoot thread, but I'm often walking and got a great reaction yesterday on the way home from work. I often see the same people and so far haven't gotten much feedback, except maybe they think I'm a little odd. After a nod of acknowledgement this man looked down at my feet and said something along the lines of "Still barefoot for a few more weeks." My response was we'll see, implying I was hoping for more than just a few and that I added that I enjoyed being barefoot. He then shared that he use to be barefoot all the time back on the farm. Our conversation ended there, since I had moved on and have a deadline to pick up one child from the daycare before they close. I usually make it with less than 5 minutes to spare.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I was walking and not running. Finished my running five minutes earlier. A lady looked down at my unshod feet as a walked past her; then she looked up and into my eyes and said, "free spirit!" To which I replied, "thank you". She returned with a big smile. It made my day.
Sweet.

Good thread. I stopped noticing people noticing me a long time ago. I guess I prefer to tune the looks out and go on about my business. Makes thinks simpler that way.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts