Peoples reactions when barefoot - not running thread

They have a reaction to running barefoot thread, but I'm often walking and got a great reaction yesterday on the way home from work. I often see the same people and so far haven't gotten much feedback, except maybe they think I'm a little odd. After a nod of acknowledgement this man looked down at my feet and said something along the lines of "Still barefoot for a few more weeks." My response was we'll see, implying I was hoping for more than just a few and that I added that I enjoyed being barefoot. He then shared that he use to be barefoot all the time back on the farm. Our conversation ended there, since I had moved on and have a deadline to pick up one child from the daycare before they close. I usually make it with less than 5 minutes to spare.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I was walking and not running. Finished my running five minutes earlier. A lady looked down at my unshod feet as a walked past her; then she looked up and into my eyes and said, "free spirit!" To which I replied, "thank you". She returned with a big smile. It made my day.
Sweet.

Good thread. I stopped noticing people noticing me a long time ago. I guess I prefer to tune the looks out and go on about my business. Makes thinks simpler that way.