New BF & VFF runner in Norway

IHL

Barefooters
Aug 25, 2011
Hi all,

I am a recent convert to minimalist and barefoot running from Norway. I have been running for a while. Knee pain is what led me to try this out. It has worked a treat. My knees are no longer an issue. I really have to work hard at not doing too much too soon though. I try to concentrate on making the transition safely. Also, Fall is coming quickly in these parts, and winter will be a challenge for outdoor running (of any kind). The cross country skiing is world class though
regular_smile.gif

IHL

Welcome!  Glad to see the

Welcome! Glad to see the Norway Chapter growing.

JosephTree, There are

JosephTree,

There are runners a plenty. Also the barefoot/minimalist thing is no longer unheard of.

However, within my immediate circle I am the only one. Reactions so far range from dismissive to bemused.

IHL

IHL:I've gotten the same

IHL:

I've gotten the same range of reactions over the last year, although a few folks are actually toying with the idea of BFR themselves now after seeing that this is not a passing fad. A worn out hip led me down this path, and 25 years of traditional running led me to try to transition too fast, resulting in a broken foot. Take the conversion slowly and steadily, listening closely to your body's feedback.

I love cross country skiing too after spending 2.5 years living in Germany, but I think you might have a hard time doing that barefoot. Let me know if you work it out.

Welcome to the family!

Phil