New BF & VFF runner in Norway

IHL

Barefooters
Aug 25, 2011
Hi all,

I am a recent convert to minimalist and barefoot running from Norway. I have been running for a while. Knee pain is what led me to try this out. It has worked a treat. My knees are no longer an issue. I really have to work hard at not doing too much too soon though. I try to concentrate on making the transition safely. Also, Fall is coming quickly in these parts, and winter will be a challenge for outdoor running (of any kind). The cross country skiing is world class though
regular_smile.gif

IHL

Welcome!  Glad to see the

Welcome! Glad to see the Norway Chapter growing.

JosephTree, There are

JosephTree,

There are runners a plenty. Also the barefoot/minimalist thing is no longer unheard of.

However, within my immediate circle I am the only one. Reactions so far range from dismissive to bemused.

IHL

IHL:I've gotten the same

IHL:

I've gotten the same range of reactions over the last year, although a few folks are actually toying with the idea of BFR themselves now after seeing that this is not a passing fad. A worn out hip led me down this path, and 25 years of traditional running led me to try to transition too fast, resulting in a broken foot. Take the conversion slowly and steadily, listening closely to your body's feedback.

I love cross country skiing too after spending 2.5 years living in Germany, but I think you might have a hard time doing that barefoot. Let me know if you work it out.

Welcome to the family!

Phil

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7