New Barefooter From ON, Canada

Niffer

Barefooters
Apr 14, 2012
ON, Canada
Hello!
I am completely new to barefoot running, and to be honest, even walking outdoors for any extended period of time barefoot.
However, I'd love to learn how to barefoot run, so this forum looks like the place to be!
I'm 25, wife and sahm, and before that, a Librarian. :)

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Peace,
-Niffer

Reactions: happysongbird
Welcome Niffer, you have definitely found the right place. Where abouts in Ontario are you, we have members out that way hopefully you can meet up with some of them. I am from Winnipeg personally, but occasionally get out to the Toronto area. Please feel free to join the Canadian Chapter by access the tab up above. Great to have you here.

Thanks! :) I'm actually from the Ottawa valley area.
I went on my first long barefoot walk today - to church and back with my little pipsqueak in the stroller.
It was wonderful! I was really worried about hurting myself, but I watched where I was going, and it was completely fine.
I think I may be addicted... ;)

Peace,
-Niffer

Welcome!

Ottawa Valley - yeah! That means that you're close by. Where in the valley? I do most of my running within Ottawa or Gatineau Park.
Sounds like you are approaching barefoot the right way. Start slow. Ping me if you have any questions. Maybe we could get together with the others, from Ottawa, one weekend and do a walk/run.

Hey there, nice to see you over here, too! I guess you got interested in barefooting and BF running about the same time. I started BF'ing some months before I thought about trying running.

Hey there, nice to see you over here, too! I guess you got interested in barefooting and BF running about the same time. I started BF'ing some months before I thought about trying running.

Nice to see you here too Patrick!
I've been interested in starting running for some time, and to be honest, barefoot seems like the cheapest way to go. ;)
I could spend money on running shoes, but since I'm wanting to BF anyway, might as well run while I do it.
I would love any suggestions as to how to ease into it, and just general running tips (as I'm a cruddy runner too).

Peace,
-Niffer

Niffer, did you want to join us in Ottawa on May 6th. We are going do a short walk/run in Ottawa. We may even try to get photos on Parliament Hill. Although the Mounties give me the evil eye when I run on the Hill. They think I escaped from the Ottawa Royal Hospital.

Come and join us for a walk/run.

Thank you for the invite, but I'm afraid I'm busy that day. (husbands birthday)
Please keep me in the loop about other Ottawa walk/runs.

Peace,
-Niffer

Welcome!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts