More surgery for me!

Thanks, PJ, that's what I thought about my picture too. It's a long, hard road, and who knows where it will take me. I just have to remember that others have it much worse than I do, and not to be a baby about it.

Break a leg TJ! Or something like that...oh screw it...just get better.

(psst Chaser, we can get away with that word now that TJ is gonna' be all doped)

Ha! The Word. :) Hee.

I'll take the chrome ones! Man, Matey, where do you come up with this stuff?

if you read the Morton's Neuroma chapter of my book, Pain Solutions, then you know
1) you need an incision on the bottom of the foot for me to remove the stump neuromas and implant them into the arch
2) 75% of people like yourself also have entrapment of the tibial nerve and its medial and lateral plantar nerves, which prevent the interdigital nerves from healing properly after traditional MN surgery, and entrapment of the calcaneal nerve, which is likely the source of your heel pain I just knew it! I have had this feeling that a nerve was at fault for my PF, but I didn't understand enough about it, I guess. How the hell can someone NOT heal from Plantar Fasciitis when they have hardly moved in the past year!
3) the neurosensory testing with the PSSD done in our office can help with these diagnoses.
WOW! this explains why I have chronic pain on the areas mentioned by the good doctor and here I thought it was caused by an old ankle injury. :(

I am so sorry to hear it TJ, just remember that we are here for you.
Sending hugs and good wishes your way and the very best of luck.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I'll take the chrome ones! Man, Matey, where do you come up with this stuff?

It helps that I'm an unmitigated weirdo with the ability to remember weird s**t...I actually remember Lee Press On Limbs as an SNL skit, but I sort of liked the cartoon....

if you read the Morton's Neuroma chapter of my book, Pain Solutions, then you know
1) you need an incision on the bottom of the foot for me to remove the stump neuromas and implant them into the arch

This sounds really odd to me. What the heck is re-implanting them elsewhere supposed to do?

And best of luck with the surgery!

I'm late as usual. But I wanted to wish you the very best outcome and let you know you will most definitely be in my prayers. Even though I don't really know you, I've always felt you were a bit of a kindred spirit. I truly hope this surgery is the beginning of the rest of your life as a pain-free, barefoot runner.

This sounds really odd to me. What the heck is re-implanting them elsewhere supposed to do?

Nerves, when cut, will continue to try to grow back. If they don't find muscle, they will find scar tissue implanting themselves deep into the scar tissue. This causes a great deal of pain. When nerves implant themselves into scar tissue, they begin to grow stumps on their ends (stump neuromas). These stumps are very painful, and not only that, they send incorrect pain signals to the brain. The other day, I stepped on a hard crumb of food with the underside of my middle toe (the one that doesn't have any nerves), and it felt like I had stepped on a needle. The message from the nerve was amplified and incorrect. When nerves are correctly implanted into a muscle (in my case, the stumps that have formed from the first surgery will be cut off the ends, and the ends will be implanted high up into the arch muscle), they stop growing, so they are unable to develop new stumps, and they no longer are able to send incorrect messages to the brain.

Nerves, when cut, will continue to try to grow back. If they don't find muscle, they will find scar tissue implanting themselves deep into the scar tissue. This causes a great deal of pain. When nerves implant themselves into scar tissue, they begin to grow stumps on their ends (stump neuromas). These stumps are very painful, and not only that, they send incorrect pain signals to the brain. The other day, I stepped on a hard crumb of food with the underside of my middle toe (the one that doesn't have any nerves), and it felt like I had stepped on a needle. The message from the nerve was amplified and incorrect. When nerves are correctly implanted into a muscle (in my case, the stumps that have formed from the first surgery will be cut off the ends, and the ends will be implanted high up into the arch muscle), they stop growing, so they are unable to develop new stumps, and they no longer are able to send incorrect messages to the brain.
Thanks for the concise and enlightening description!
I am just thinking about the complexity of the whole process and thinking about how blessed you are that science has progressed...I can't even imagine what doctors used to do in the late 1800s or early 1900s!!
Not that you are blessed to have this condition, just blessed to have the access to this knowledge.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Apparently, most of the podiatrists who did neurectomies of neuromas are doing it the "old way," and that's exactly how the doctor did mine this past January. When I asked Dr. Dellon why more doctors aren't implanting the nerve endings into the muscles, he said, "The surgery is technically quite difficult." HELLO! Then if they can't do it RIGHT, should they even be doing it at all?!

Reactions: Ahcuah and NickW
When I asked Dr. Dellon why more doctors aren't implanting the nerve endings into the muscles, he said, "The surgery is technically quite difficult."

To which you should have replied: "I know, which is why I went to a doctor to have this surgery done and not Mother F-ing Jiffy Lube!" That would have put him in a weird mood...

By the by, after reading your expeirence with MN, I'll stop whining about my metatarsal, now :D

Apparently, most of the podiatrists who did neurectomies of neuromas are doing it the "old way," and that's exactly how the doctor did mine this past January. When I asked Dr. Dellon why more doctors aren't implanting the nerve endings into the muscles, he said, "The surgery is technically quite difficult." HELLO! Then if they can't do it RIGHT, should they even be doing it at all?!
DUUUUDE!
And, don't the ones who are doing it that way, how often does what you're going through happen? Seems like it would frequently, in which case, someone would notice it doesn't help....................and so, logically.................................

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7