More surgery for me!

Reactions: NickW
Exactly, Scedastic. The success rate of this surgery, from my research and talking to lots and lots of other people is that it is very low. But they don't know what else to do at this point. I mean, here's a list that I and one other member at my new forum MN Talk are talking about, that is creating a poll on this very subject, so that we can have some empirical evidence to build on. This particular list is my trials with MN. Pretty ridiculous, right? I mean they tell you to start off conservatively and increase risk from there. Well that's what the hell I did!

Did any of these help rid you of MN completely?

rest-no
running less-no
ice -no
massage-no
acupuncture-
sonic stimulation-no
custom orthotics-no
better custom orthotics-no
physical therapy-picking up marbles etc-no
all new footwear-no
cortisone shots-no
multiple series of cortisone shots-I only had one of these, since the doc actually hit the nerve, sent my foot flying, which forced the needle all the way through the bottom of my foot until I felt a large POP! The rest is not pretty.
alcohol shots-no
Different dr administering shots-no
met pad-no
cut a quarter size hole in insole-I wouldn't dare! After what these cost?!
cut slits in side of sneakers- to make wider-I can't wear enclosed shoes.
yoga toes-no
wedge pad between toes to make space when running-no
tape toes together-no
nerve cream (usually for diabetics)-no
avoiding road pitch-no
reverse track running-no
Nerve Decompression-TBA (Yes, I may be looking at this on the 30th too!)

And I'll add...

Correct Toes-no
Deep Tissue Massage Therapy-no
Analgesic Shockwave Therapy with numbing injections-no
Cryosurgery-no
Traditional surgery (neurectomies)-no

Well, sigh, this has been fun, Mike. Thanks for taking me down memory lane.
icon_e_wink.gif

What's funny is the guy whom I am having this conversation with is also having a MIND (nerve decompression) surgery on the 30th of this month. I will actually be having both the nerve ends implanted into muscles after new neurectomies are done to remove the new stump neuromas, but then we are also looking at additional scars to free some impinged nerves that have been causing me all that horrid arch pain that hasn't healed in the past 3 - 4 years. I will let you all know exactly what they do and share lots and lots of pictures. Anywho, he and I can cry on each others shoulders.

Well, I'm off to my pre op appt.

Shouldn't that be DUUUUDETTE?

We're just too old TJ, dude has so many more meanings than we ever could have imagined.

Reactions: NickW
I guess so. I feel so...dated.

But hey! I ain't as old as you! :p

Hey, what ever happened to Peanut?

Yes, speaking of which. I don't know. Hopefully, she'll pop in to say hello soon.

How'd the pre-op go?

Fine. I passed so far, waiting on blood work results Monday, which I'm sure will be fine too. Can't wait to get this over with.

Are you scheduled?

Yes. My consult and neurosensory testing will be done on Tuesday next week, and the surgery is Thursday. Just waiting to see if my blood work is good. All of my blood work from yesterday came back good except for the PTT(?) (has to do with clotting?), which I passed but just barely, by one point, so I repeated that an hour ago. Now we are waiting to see if a different lab will test it differently. Wish me luck. If I can't do this surgery now, I will be devastated. I have exhausted all other options.

Let us know if the PTT is better second time around w/ the different lab.

I passed. Whew!

You probably studied hard. Everything is falling into place and you will be on the road to recovery before too long.