Minimal Shoes for standing.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
My new job has me on my feet 7 1/2 hours a day monday through Friday without sitting once. What are some good minimal shoes for standing.

I have VFF's but will not wear those to work and I have a pair of Vivo Dharmas which are hot like an oven and the toe box is very small, not a fan of those shoes anymore.

Any suggestions? Plus is it healthy to wear minimal shoes all day while standing?

I always skated in Etnies and they were crazy comfortable. Probably one the all time great feelings was putting on those Etnies after snowboarding all day, it was like sliding your feet into a massage machine.

Altra's for the zero drop and toe box. I am a little disappointed with the Samson I just got. It is rough at the bottom of the tongue and I have to wear socks, maybe it will "break in" with time. Check out the Instinct if you want cushioning or the Adam if you don't. Given your level of conditioning, I think you will get used to the standing quickly and not want the cushioning.
I don't suppose you can wear huaraches to work?

Bubba, I was skate rat when younger. I actually just bought a long board last summer can't wait to break it out again this year. I will look into the Etnies.

@Rick, great choices! I actually would prefer less cushioning, but some wouldn't hurt to help me get through the day. Huaraches wouldn't work, I work in a warehouse atmosphere, I can't have the feet exposed. I would love to wear Huaraches to work though!

I have a hard time finding the type of Vans that I like now. They seem to either look like Converses or have really thick sidewalls now a days.

Dang, Gent. I am glad you are strong enough to handle being on your feet all day. I shudder to think if that was me.

Yeah; there's a Crocs store near-ish by me. I'm going to check them out next time I'm in that neighborhood. They'd make good shoes for me while teaching (lots of on the feet time on hard floors).

I would nominate the Terra Plana Vivo Barefoot range. Our Engineering Manager at work has had back problems for months now and I suggested he buy some so that he is not tipping forward on heels and he actually took up the idea and bought some of the more corporate shiny leather Vivo Barefoot. His only problem now is his trousers touch the floor. I own three different pairs myself and they are the best shoes I've ever bought, they never wear out.

Neil

I love my Vivo Aqua Lites, but with only 2-3mm of (very, very hard wearing) rubber under my foot, my heels are incredibly sore if I stay on my feet for more than a couple of days at a time. While I love them for my job and every day walking around, I wouldn't recommend them for standing all day. Check out something with more padding under the footbed.

I work on my feet all day on hard floors and wear my Soft Star RunAmoc Dash's and love them. I was wearing my Vivobarefoot Ultras, but the tread on the heel wore off in just 2 months, and they're pretty slippery with a totally smooth heel.

I concluded some time ago that I couldn't deal with wearing conventional shoes any more so I needed a pair of barefoot shoes that were smart enough to wear to work. Most of the time I now wear a pair of Vivobarefoot Gobi shoes. They look great and make me feel like an elf from Lord of the Rings !

Reactions: Bare Lee
I ordered a pair of the VVB gobi boots after running almost 800 km in the neo and neo trail . On arrival the gobi looked and felt extremely comfortable and did not stand out as much as other minimalist shoes nice as well.

Unfortunately they turned out to bee to long in front of the toes and to narrow around the widest area of the foot.

Am I the only one who have experienced that ?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7