Mileage Reporting 5th Week of 2013

In any case, by dinner time the knee was already feeling better. It's funny, it didn't hurt at all while I was kneeling, only when I got up. I guess the MCL is still tender from October, and can't yet be stretched all the way. I thought it was 100% since I hadn't felt even the slightest niggle for at least a month. For an hour or two I was limping, and cursing myself, but now it's just a dull ache, barely there. I'll go on a short run today to test it out. I should probably adopt the Skedaddle protocol and only report positive results! We're all getting tired of this, right? Truthful reporting has its limits.

It's good to know that your knee is feeling better.
I just wish that your running will take of without any issues.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Oh Dama, when aren't I injured? Lol! Seriously though, I had been battling PF for over a year now and I seem to have completely cleared it up on the left foot and the right foot I think I have cleared up the actual PF, but I have a different pain that wraps from the side/front'ish area of my ankle down along the medial side of my ankle and under the heel. I can still run and walk, but any sort of pushing off hurts. I actually think this may have been the real problem over a year ago but it was masked, or hidden, by the pf when I saw the doc a year ago and I think it has gotten worse. With doing the single leg eccentric heel drops I've noticed that my right foot has gotten noticeably weaker as well and I struggle to do the same reps that I did back when I started the exercise a year ago. Anyhow, that's probably why I have been pretty quiet lately here. Just waiting to hear from the new doc (I really disliked my last podiatrist so I had to get a referral to someone else) but he is only in the clinic close to me once a week so I have to wait for two weeks from today to see him. I suppose I probably could see him sooner had I been willing to go in the city, but the city gives me anxiety so I would rather just wait to see him.

Good luck with your appoitment I hope it goes well and you can finally find the root of the pain.
I just wish that your running picks up soon without any pain.

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
Didn't have time to post my miles yesterday.
Did 5.25 miles on the inddor track on tired legs.

I forget - ru BF on the indoor track? My memories of indoor tracks are of wooden contraptions that I wouldn't go near w/o protection.

Willie, "my" indoor track is cement and very, very smooth and I don't like it that smooth it's very unforgiving probably as unforgiving as wooden floors so I don't dare running fast on it and is hard to keep traction on the turns...it is that smooth.
I do run BF on it, thank goodness that I am allow to do it.

Good luck with your appoitment I hope it goes well and you can finally find the root of the pain.
I just wish that your running picks up soon without any pain.
Thanks Dama, I hope they find the root of this stuff as well. The VA finally admitted to me being service connected for my hearing loss and perforated eardrum so now I can finally go in and get that taken care of too. Man, this could be the year of me getting completely healthy! Woohoo!

Thanks Dama, I hope they find the root of this stuff as well. The VA finally admitted to me being service connected for my hearing loss and perforated eardrum so now I can finally go in and get that taken care of too. Man, this could be the year of me getting completely healthy! Woohoo!

And on the road to a happier life! Woohoo!!

Reactions: NickW
ST for me today.
Sorry for my lengthy report, don't feel obligated to read all of it.:)

Man, it is always hard to follow Damas reports. But here it is,"micro" run of about 1.5 miles. -28C with a -42C windchill (checked for typos this time Willie :)). My garmin actually froze today while running, could not push any buttons until it warmed up in the house. Spring can not get here quick enough for me. :(
Was it decided then that micro runs went up as high as 1.5 miles? Lee seemed to think they should be classified up to 1 mile...

We Americans like having idiosyncratic standards of measures in any case. Nothing so simple as 0 = when water freezes, or anything like that.

And since Dutchie is Canadian, and 1.5 miles is almost 2 km, maybe the Canadian standard should be 2 kilometers to keep things even.

Moreover, what's micro for Dutchie, a veteran runner, could easily be mini for me.

And further, some of us define walking as running if a certain targeted heart rate is met.

So I think there's plenty of wiggle room in our definitions. Heck, linguists still don't always agree on what a verb and a noun are.

Anyway, off to do a minimalist st workout in a bit. Still -23F / -30 C windchill out, same tomorrow so I might only manage a micro or mini run as I pamper my viral lungs back to health. Then Saturday it's supposed to get reasonable again, and the long-range forecast is for no more bitter cold the rest of the winter, so let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we're all running bare again soon. God Lord how I miss it.

10.2km (a bit more than 6mi), again, without my music....Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but since running without audio feedback, my stride has lengthen, and my cadence lowered....Grrrr!!! I guess my internal clock needs a reference :rolleyes:

We Americans like having idiosyncratic standards of measures in any case. Nothing so simple as 0 = when water freezes, or anything like that.

Or since Dutchie is Canadian, and 1.5 miles is almost 2 km, maybe the Canadian standard should be 2 kilometers to keep things even.

And what's micro for Dutchie, a veteran runner, could easily be mini for me.

And further, some of us define walking as running if a certain targeted heart rate is met.

So I think there's plenty of wiggle room in our definitions. Heck, linguists still don't always agree on what a verb and a noun are.

Anyway, off to do a minimalist st workout in a bit. Still -30 C windchill out, same tomorrow so I might only manage a micro or mini run as I pamper my viral lungs back to health. Then Saturday it's supposed to get reasonable again, and the long range forecast is for no more bitter cold the rest of the winter, so let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we're all running bare again soon. God Lord how I miss it.

I wish I could have magical powers and make all your ills go away for good.
Hang in there!

Edit
What just happened? the quoted post doesn't look like the ane I quoted from, what's going on?

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts