Mileage Reporting 5th Week of 2013

-30C windchill? Downright balmy if you ask somebody from Winterpeg. ;)
There's that Borean bravado again. Normally I would embrace these temps in that spirit, but this never-ending viral syndrome has taken away my strut. I'm sheepish and meek and fearful of doing anything to prolong it further. Not to mention I lost my toe calluses. What a disgrace.
I wish I could have magical powers and make all your ills go away for good.
Hang in there!
How did you figure out how to write a reply without screwing up the quotation? Where's the red ink?

Yeah, thanks, I just need to sleep, and have been wanting to nap all day, but I got so much reading to do it's scary, and I'm actually getting a lot of writing done despite feeling continually draggy, so I can't complain too much. Beats cancer.

Edit
What just happened? the quoted post doesn't look like the ane I quoted from, what's going on?
I'm a time-traveler.

Reactions: NickW
10.2km (a bit more than 6mi), again, without my music....Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but since running without audio feedback, my stride has lengthen, and my cadence lowered....Grrrr!!! I guess my internal clock needs a reference :rolleyes:
I actually find I do better without audio distraction most of the time.

10.2km (a bit more than 6mi), again, without my music....Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but since running without audio feedback, my stride has lengthen, and my cadence lowered....Grrrr!!! I guess my internal clock needs a reference :rolleyes:

When I started running in the dark or on dangerous country roads on a regular basis, I had to give up tunes to hear the sounds of danger.
It was difficult at first, now it's not a big deal. Having the music gets addictive for me, I think, so I'm better off without it. When I treat myself to tunes for a safer trail or on campus, the next run I can't have it on makes me grumpy. Maybe try to force yourself once in a while, no music, but in a particularly engaging spot for running, where you can be distracted by the environment and not think so much about form?

Reactions: Spiderweb62
I'm not hurt, I'm just sore!

Saw the chiro today. The shoulder thing I was experiencing was due to improper form while performing Turkish Get Up's (it's and exercise, not a costume). So she has me doing a modified TGU with lighter weight until I can get the form down. As for the back, she gave me some core exercises to do that involve how I breathe. Now - up to this point, I always thought I had the breathing thing down: I wasn't passing out, so I'm good. Apparently, I need to suck in my rib cage (which engages core muscles) and breath with my stomach...news to me, but there you go. Showed me some rather tedious core exercises, which made the back feel better. Short of it is that I was able to hit the gym today for almost my normal workout (save for the TGU's).

Friday afternoon
mini-run, shod in Neo Trails
2.2 miles / 3.6 km
1 F/ -17 C
-6 C / -21 C windchill

Finally got in a nap today. The cough is taking its time, but it's definitely on the way out, and I'm starting to sleep a bit better.

The mini-run went fine; nice easy pace, no issues. I felt like I could go a lot farther, but discretion is the better half of valor. Need to nurse the lungs another day or two before I push it a bit, but it was good to get a run in on the first of the month, to start February off right. Long live the streak!

This morning it was something like -40 windchill, quasi Winterpagan, but the wind died down through the day. Tomorrow it's supposed to start warming up. Yippee.

Big fat f-ing ZERO. Not that I'm bitter and angry, but, I AM bitter and angry. I started the week laying an egg with zero muscle tone and then ended it catching my husband's cold. I did go to the pool twice, once for an hour and once for 20 minutes so I'm not a total sloth. Anyway, I'm done having a pity party now. :rolleyes:

30min Skogg 101 kettlebell dvd. Swinging the bell, learning about proper form and positioning. Skogg is solid, helpful, no chit-chat. I'm liking the dynamic strength training and can tell this is going to be a good workout program when I get more into it next week.

The kettlebell handle for my Powerblocks works fine, but the blocks are a bit unwieldy. Whacked myself in the legs a few times. I'm going to learn quickly not to do that.

Foot a bit sore from some thorns that I stepped on. Still it's better than having glass embedded in my foot.

Starting to cut down on the length of my weekday runs but will increase the length of my weekend long runs..

this is kind of my approach anymore, just makes sense to me. What about frequency? I'm running three times a week -- Sun, Wed, Fri.

Reactions: Bare Lee
11.8km (7.3mi), and found my cadence again !!! Yay !!! Cold morning (for Australian standards) 16C (61F) but nice for running....I think having lengthened my stride in my past 2 runs, caused me some lower back pain, hopefully this should be sorted now

I somehow managed to suffer through 13.25 miles of running this week. By "suffer" I mean I broke my cardinal rule and ran in a pair of Brooks running flats two of those days to test my foot with the stress fracture - what a mistake! I am suffering from arch blisters. :mad:

Big fat f-ing ZERO. Not that I'm bitter and angry, but, I AM bitter and angry. I started the week laying an egg with zero muscle tone and then ended it catching my husband's cold. I did go to the pool twice, once for an hour and once for 20 minutes so I'm not a total sloth. Anyway, I'm done having a pity party now. :rolleyes:
Hey at least you laid an egg? That's cool.