Mileage Reporting 33rd week of 2013

4 mile run at 10:30 am, 77 deg., 54% rh... Snuck out from work again! No wildlife to speak of but a great run.

Ok so I'm lazy...... Pages 3 to 6 of this forum I'd like to hit the multiple "like" button.

7.22 road miles tonight then took the kids to the track put in another mile there. 10 year old and the 5 year old both did a mile and a quarter at the track. 10 year olds last lap was barefoot, 5 year old was barefoot for the whole run.

Tonight's run is brought to you by...... "Doesn't that hurt your feet!" (times 2) and an "Oh my god, you have no shoes on!" (lady walking an ankle biting dog)

Over one hour at the gym doing upper and lower body. Laid an egg the last four days, then caught a cold, then over-slept in the wrong position, which caused my hip to go out of alignment, which caused three impinged nerves, which caused migraine pain in my head, neck, and back all day yesterday, which ultimately ended in vomiting from all the pain. I spent several hours yesterday using various techniques to put my body back together, and with my hubby.s help, sucessfully relocated my hip and unimpinged all three nerves. Aside from a residual runny nose I feel great today. And I feel extra good right now cuz there is a conglomeration of extra hot cops at Starbucks where I am currently enjoying the coffee, and the scenery! ;)

That's a lot of info in one short paragraph, wow!

I wonder if they'd be creeped out if I asked if I could take a group photo...LOL!
Who the cops, probably not.

Reactions: Bare Lee
In the bus coming home from City2Surf, someone tramped on my pinky, and it was swollen for a few days....No run this week, hope to be back next week !!! It will be the first week for a year I haven't run at all !!

In the bus coming home from City2Surf, someone tramped on my pinky, and it was swollen for a few days....No run this week, hope to be back next week !!! It will be the first week for a year I haven't run at all !!
That whole beautiful run without being stepped on, and then that. Phooey.

Thursday afternoon
Tempo run down on the sandy gravel jhs track. Four miles, 8:20 mm pace, hot, felt nauseous afterwards for a bit, with tingly feet. With the early morning running, I've lost what little acclimation I may have built up in June to running in the heat, plus it was too soon after eating lunch again. But a damn cold Summit Saga IPA a bit later took care of both concerns--the nausea quickly dissipated and the alcohol enhanced the pleasure of my soles' mild bruising/abrading. Slept like a baby at night--nine whole hours!

Friday morning
Mid-body Strength Training, 1-mile recovery run.

Yes like the first link, only on a flat bench and not decline..
And yes you get the same with straight arm pull downs with a wide grip.
The angle and distance between the hands determines where you hit the muscles (obviously) and the narrower the more it's the chest muscles..
(but I guess you know that) :)
Yeah, that's why I do the lying pull-overs c/ narrow grip on my Upper-body (chest, arms & shoulder) day, and the straight arm pull-downs c/ wide grip on my mid-body (lats, traps, and mid-section) day.

And no worries if you've said something that the person your responding to already knows. You never know who else is reading a post, so it's always best to side on the side of over-elaboration, me thinks.

Well this last race for me has left my legs pretty sore, well just my calves really (like always). The half marathon was Sunday, and monday I wasnt too bad but tuesday my calves were in pain just sitting there, and stairs were difficult to go down. I didnt know if it was a good idea or not, but I was planning on doing an easy recovery jog tuesday and I did 4 miles, mostly ~12mm pace. It actually felt good and my legs werent really hurting at all. Wednesday they were super tight again. I had rolled them a few times, but Wednesday I gave in and tried stretching too. Not sure if it really helped or not. Thursday, my next scheduled run, they were still tight, maybe the tightest they had been. But I went out and did an easy 6 miles, peaking out 10-11mm between my warmup and cooldown. My calves actually hurt through this run. I kept hoping they would loosen up and feel better but last nights run didnt seem to help with that at all.

Maybe I over did it at the race?

How much faster does anyone else race a half (or other race) compared to their training speed? Perhaps this should be asked on the main forum. I averaged 7:32 but my typical long runs start well into the 8's, and often hit 9mm at the half way point. The only time I train at 7:30 or faster is on my fast days which are usually only once every two weeks I might do 1 mile repeats with 1/2 mile rest inbetween. I mean to do them once a week but often I dont.

Debating what I should do for the weekend, was hoping to go for a ~12 ish mile run, and get back to my full long run next weekend (16-18miles).

Anyhow, it was a late run and had a nice sunset as I ran yesterday...

Hmm well I'm getting an error trying to upload it. IDK

Still no exercising this week, unless you count packing and cleaning and shuffling boxes around exercising. Hopefully things will calm down and maybe Sunday I can go out for a run. Woke up at 3am after only 3.5 hours of sleep and have been up ever since due to lack of exercise. Got a lot of packing done though and have nearly everything ready to go for tomorrow when I have all the help moving. Tomorrow is basically the big move day and the day we actually start living at the new house. Can't wait till this process is all done. Hopefully since we have everything boxed up and actually ready to go it will be pretty fast and easy.

Well this last race for me has left my legs pretty sore, well just my calves really (like always). The half marathon was Sunday, and monday I wasnt too bad but tuesday my calves were in pain just sitting there, and stairs were difficult to go down. I didnt know if it was a good idea or not, but I was planning on doing an easy recovery jog tuesday and I did 4 miles, mostly ~12mm pace. It actually felt good and my legs werent really hurting at all. Wednesday they were super tight again. I had rolled them a few times, but Wednesday I gave in and tried stretching too. Not sure if it really helped or not. Thursday, my next scheduled run, they were still tight, maybe the tightest they had been. But I went out and did an easy 6 miles, peaking out 10-11mm between my warmup and cooldown. My calves actually hurt through this run. I kept hoping they would loosen up and feel better but last nights run didnt seem to help with that at all.

Maybe I over did it at the race?

How much faster does anyone else race a half (or other race) compared to their training speed? Perhaps this should be asked on the main forum. I averaged 7:32 but my typical long runs start well into the 8's, and often hit 9mm at the half way point. The only time I train at 7:30 or faster is on my fast days which are usually only once every two weeks I might do 1 mile repeats with 1/2 mile rest inbetween. I mean to do them once a week but often I dont.

Debating what I should do for the weekend, was hoping to go for a ~12 ish mile run, and get back to my full long run next weekend (16-18miles).

Anyhow, it was a late run and had a nice sunset as I ran yesterday...

Hmm well I'm getting an error trying to upload it. IDK

My impression is that you raced your half and because of that, you've got some soreness and tightness from it. A general rule of thumb which I've felt seems to cover things is that you might need a day of recovery for every mile of a hard-run race, a race where you pushed your limits. So it just might be that you might need almost 2 weeks of where you just keep to easy easy runs.

As long as you didn't break anything, tear anything, and that you haven't been left with bloody stumps at the ends of your legs, I don't think you ran the race too hard. You just raced it, be happy about that.

Easy recovery run local roads...cool temps today high only 65F made it feel extra easy...rained all morning didn't get out till mid afternoon though. Ran to Harbins park and back...checked out the new pavement they keep adding on little by little. Estimated distance 9 miles in 1 hour 25 mins.

The numbers are so much less impressive though.

My average speed today was 152 miles/day pace...pretty good :D

When I ran my half in May I expected to be able to maintain about a 9:30 mm pace. It ended up closer to an 8:45 pace. My calfs were pretty sore from the first day after for a solid 4 days. I went for a couple of easy runs, but I didn't push the mileage at all. Of course, I kept up with the hot baths and massaging.

For my report: I hit a wall of sorts yesterday. That is, the thought of exercise made me somewhat panic. So I took a day off. Then, today I made myself get in the pool and I swam for 30 minutes. Followed this with my new TRX strength training routine that I made up today. It is extremely basic.

I've had a really flat week this week - I woke up on Monday after surfing some big waves with a really sore neck that has hung in there all week - I still can't turn my head to the right properly. Very painful, and quite frustrating.

Rest and attempted amateur trigger point massage didn't get me over the line, so I decided to forget about it and joined my running club for 7.5 km in the morning, and then followed up with a surf for an hour or two. The runners run the first and last mile of their run on the beach if the tide is out, but if the tide is in they run it on a gravel track. I did the beach version last week with no problems, but the track version was just a little harder. A few rocky sections slowed me down, and the gravel left me with a small coin sized blister just below my right big toe. It wasn't great, but I made it. Quite a few comments, and the oldest guy in the group (spritely 73 year old) who is a really funny bloke kept trying to run up and step on my toes. He's notorious for elbowing people and shoulder-charging people when they're not looking. He's a hoot.

My neck didn't feel any better for it, but the waves were really nice, so I didn't care.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts