Mileage Reporting 30th Week of 2013

45 min of pabement running, at night, in my creepy town with my husband following me in his car, like a stalker, keeping me safe. It's too hot to run in the day. In fact I am skipping my 10k trail race tomorrow cuz of heat.

A longer run (for me ) yesterday; 1.59 miles. It helped that I wore the xeros for the first part as that lets me get up through the woods with a big-gravelled trail and then I have a more interesting run around and down. Once the 1.5 'bell' had sounded I ran fast for the last bit, and really liked the way it felt. I think maybe I run too slowly to really get the 'bounce' normally. Still at my old, husband-infuriating, 'I may be slow but I can carry on doing this' jogging pace<g>. So I might experiment with upping my pace a little.
The longer run meant I had to sacrifice thoughts of hitting the cafe for a pot of tea at the end - but when I got back I discovered that they open a half hour later in the school holidays! Perfect!

Great 5 mile run a 5:00am 77 deg., 69%rh... New path today. Heard 2 different screech owls and saw a few rabbits. this is my last run for week 14 of training.
24 miles total.
Feet Good. Legs good.
Still working on running lite

Ran around 1200 yards this morning. Things felt good, left pinky toe's skin didn't get irritated, and I'm not feeling anything wrong or achy so far afterwards. I think if nothing wrong-feeling shows up over the next week, I'll try to make next Saturday's run cover a mile of distance.

For Dama: 4 miles BF, 31:25 including 2 stops to clear rain gauges, I kept the clock rolling.

Nearly the same course, but the difference today, besides the motivation, was 3/4 inch of rain. Made the conditions run-able at a faster pace and also quite enjoyable as long as I did not look at my fields of rained on alfalfa.

42.5 miles for the week (14.5 BF)

oh, no! Was it cut and trying to dry, then?

Yes. We have harvested about 150 acres out of 480. I try to look at the positives. The valley needs the moisture, my yard and garden look great, weeds are easier to pull, and it makes the running conditions wonderful. Every year is the same. We cut late, get rain. We cut early this year, got rain. We have a ray of hope, it is supposed to be clear next week.

Yes. We have harvested about 150 acres out of 480. I try to look at the positives. The valley needs the moisture, my yard and garden look great, weeds are easier to pull, and it makes the running conditions wonderful. Every year is the same. We cut late, get rain. We cut early this year, got rain. We have a ray of hope, it is supposed to be clear next week.
It's good to have a glass that's half full!

5k run today in 32 minutes, just for our slave master (Dama). Wore a watch for the first time in about 6 weeks. Actually felt really good through entire run. It seems I stepped on a broken tee on golf course yesterday which cut the ball of my left foot. But it helped my run today as I had to land lightly to not aggravate this ouchie. :nurse: Must have worked because this was the best run since having injured this left foot. Now, the challenge will be to not do TMTS. :D

edit: Forgot to mention that this run should count for 2014 winter challenge as it was only +5 Celsius for this mornings run at 6 am.

Slow week. 8.5 miles total with 7 in VFFs and the rest barefoot. We got a torrential downpour early Thursday morning (3+ inches in a couple of hours in one part of town). In addition to the 97% humidity (in the desert!), the rain washed a lot of debris onto the paths and roads. Still too early in my barefoot'n to take that on--in the dark. That's my story and I am sticking to it. I simply slept too late for a run this morning. Hoping for more running next week.

7 mile hike out to Burnt Lake and back. About 2000 feet of elevation gain, last mile uphill was about 1200-1400 feet of that elevation gain. My monos performed awesome on the trail and I've decided to keep them after all as they really are great on the trails. Seems as long as the mgt footbed has a slight coating of dust on it keeps it from being too sticky. Will just have to use my pacers on my road runs and maybe for my birthday I will get a new pair with a leather upper. I will post some pictures a little later.

45 min of pabement running, at night, in my creepy town with my husband following me in his car, like a stalker, keeping me safe. It's too hot to run in the day. In fact I am skipping my 10k trail race tomorrow cuz of heat.
What a guy!

Reactions: jldeleon
For Dama: 4 miles BF, 31:25 including 2 stops to clear rain gauges, I kept the clock rolling.

Nearly the same course, but the difference today, besides the motivation, was 3/4 inch of rain. Made the conditions run-able at a faster pace and also quite enjoyable as long as I did not look at my fields of rained on alfalfa.

42.5 miles for the week (14.5 BF)
Wow, great pace and great mileage for the week!

Reactions: happysongbird
Got a weird virus. Just body aches and a little bit of a sore throat. Almost feels like malaria without the fever. My son had it earlier in the week and then I think two days of no-running-induced insomnia left me vulnerable to it.

Commuted by bike some, but no running or lifting since Thursday. Feels like forever. Feeling a bit better today, may try a short run tomorrow. It's great to see everyone else going at it though. It will be easy to remotivate.

And Abide even pops in for a visit. WTF. Thanks to Sid's comment on one of Jen's recent threads, I read some more of the stuff on Jason Ferruggia's website, which I think was originally a site that Abide posted links for, and was pleased to see him endorse most of my approach. Reading up there helped confirm my suspicion that my everyday ST workout routine isn't going to work out routinely. Anaerobic stuff generally needs 48 hours of recovery, which has always been my rule. But the everyday running experiment still has a chance, just have to find the right mix I think.
Hurt my calf/Achilles on my right foot and left knee. Felt it about mile five but just kept going.
Everyone's different, but at the least sign of trouble, I've learned to shut it down and either (1) stop to stretch and massage the problem area, or (2) walk the rest of the way home. Live to fight another day. I don't think there's anything to be gained from running nigglefully, and quite a lot to be lost.
Tell you what. Assuming I don't do something stupid and hurt myself, or somehow fail to get myself ready for it, when I run that 5K that I intend to run the last weekend of October, I'll have a measured time then and I'll report what it was. But for now, I think I'm going to fly with the idea of just running without a clock. It seems kind of primal somehow. Maybe I need a little primal in my life right now.
Scratch, feel free to ignore Dama at any time. She's our Janis-faced shit-giver/cheerleader.
But seriously, running without data can be a beautiful thing. Running with data can be too. It's all good. Whatever adds to the enjoyment of the run.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon