Mileage Reporting 29th Week of 2013

Forgot to log my workout yesterday. Did an hour doing ST of shoulders, legs, back and abs. Also did 30 minutes on the bike. Oh, and today I am officially the lightest I have been in about 5 years. :)

That's awesome, Nick! No don't eat too much at the beach! ;)

Reactions: happysongbird
45 minutes of swimming. 2 x 13-14 minute intervals, then a couple close to 5 minutes, then some drills. All outside in the sunshine. Where is the suntanned smiley? :happy:

Hey Laura - you'd asked me the other week about one of the exercises I was doing, and you said it made your back spasm...anyway, whenever my back gets spasms in it, it almost always ends up having to do with my upper back muscles and EVEN MY PECS, being too tight. The body is strangely interconnected. I'd try massaging all the muscles under and around your scapula and your pecs -using a foam roller- and see if it helps spasming back muscles. Especially with as much swimming as you do I can guarantee that your pecs are in need of massaging. I massage my pecs twice a day and it makes a huge difference in my back.

Reactions: happysongbird
on my run yesterday i had rolled my ankle. first time ever bf. i actually stopped it as it went into a roll. i use to roll my right ankle every run in shoes. it was maybe 2 miles in and didn't bother me or slow me down at all as i stopped the full roll from happening.

went home and a few hours later went to work and noticed my ankle felt funny. the ligaments weren't popping like normal. pain came on as the night went on. ended leaving work early and put some arnica cream on and went to bed. woke up feeling much better. no pain chemicals needed.

good thing today is a rest day.

I tripped over my own big toe and fell over on my run this afternoon. On grass, fortunately. Somehow I hit the ground rolling and rolled over my shoulder and upright again and just carried on, no problem. If anyone was watching it must have looked either very weird or weirdly accomplished, as if I was practising some martial art type move.

Also went for an unintendedly long walk along Budleigh Salterton beach, which is composed entirely of smooth rounded stones in various sizes. I knew my family were there somewhere but couldn't find them and there was no mobile signal. I was wearing my xeros and it was surprisingly easy to walk in them on the stones.

I tripped over my own big toe and fell over on my run this afternoon. On grass, fortunately. Somehow I hit the ground rolling and rolled over my shoulder and upright again and just carried on, no problem. If anyone was watching it must have looked either very weird or weirdly accomplished, as if I was practising some martial art type move.
Sounds... exhilarating... Glad you are okay!

5.75km barefoot this morning. I didn't plan on running as I'm still resting my dodgy knee, but the surf was too big for a wimpy kook like me, and the weather was sunny in the middle of winter. Had to give it a go - I don't get many chances to run during the day at the moment. The ground was still a little cold, but it was great to be able to feel my feet for a change, and best of all no knee niggles as far as I can tell.

Watched a speeding cyclist in full lycra take a wrong turn into a dead end street and ran past as he sheepishly did a U-turn and headed to the next corner. That was funny. :)

open water swim. no idea on time or distance.
around and beyond buoys at a park with a little lake. no surrounding houses (so none of the gross algae and such due to run off and septic systems). an hour total, maybe, with several breaks to check in with the kids who were in the shallow swim area.
no idea on time or distance. sighting is hard without lane lines. i was swimming like a drunkard, pointing one way, ending up running into something i didn't expect. no lake monsters though.

Also went for an unintendedly long walk along Budleigh Salterton beach, which is composed entirely of smooth rounded stones in various sizes. I knew my family were there somewhere but couldn't find them and there was no mobile signal. I was wearing my xeros and it was surprisingly easy to walk in them on the stones.

oh no! go with martial arts practice. start wearing appropriate attire in case it ever happens again. ;)

Did a bit of running on the beach with my son. He is such a good runner for being only 3 years old. Had such a wonderful day today with the family at the coast. Went to the Oregon coast aquarium, a couple different beaches, Mo's for chowder, Rogue for the beer and burger, and the outlet mall where I found 3 pair of nike running shorts on clearance for $30! Normal price for all three would have been $94, so I think I made out pretty dang good. Nothing like having those insanely good days with your family.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7