Me feets hurt :-(

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Hi Docs, as you know I recently had four neuromas removed from my feet (two in each foot).

I understand that there will be healing pains, but why are these pains so freakin' PAINFUL?! I mean sometimes I will be just laying here in bed, as I don't walk much at all during the day around the house, since being on my feet too long hurts way too much at this point, and all of a sudden I will feel these very extreme shooting pains like large, thick needles being jammed through my toes from the base to the tips. Hurts like hell! I still have feeling on the tops of all my toes, I am nearly completely numb under the middle toe and half numb on both toes on either side of the middle toe. If the nerves are completely gone, then how am I feeling all this insane pain?

Also, why do my feet, all the way from my tippy toes to my heels burn and throb and feel hot inside? The pain is so bad half the time, I can't sleep, I can't get comfortable in any position. Even elevating my feet, which used to help a great deal, doesn't help anymore.

What is going on?

Thanks, guys!  Last night was

Thanks, guys! Last night was another hellish night. It's so hard to sleep when I'm in pain. Unless I'm really tired, then I finally pass out.

I plan to call my own doctor today, but I really wanted to get more docs' opinions on this, and I know our docs are the best. :)

Magnesium in the water or on the side, Neil?

Sorry to hear it TJ, I

Sorry to hear it TJ, I thought once the neuromas were removed everything was going to be a cake walk I guess I was wrong.

I really hope you heal fast, it has being a long road for you.

Keep possitive thoughts thou.

Thanks, Dama.  Did you see

Thanks, Dama. Did you see those monsters they took out? Check out the WARNING: Surgery thread I created. OMG! They had little hearts, brains, lungs, everything. They could have gotten up and walked right out of the surgery room! Hee.

I just did!!!  and OMG those

I just did!!! and OMG those are monsters if you ask me.

I just hope that mine don't grow like that...I am scared now.

Would that be sort of like

Would that be sort of like phantom pain?

I feel bad for you, and I hope it gets better soon.

Barefoot TJ said:
Hi Docs, as you know I recently had four neuromas removed from my feet (two in each foot).

I understand that there will be healing pains, but why are these pains so freakin' PAINFUL?! I mean sometimes I will be just laying here in bed, as I don't walk much at all during the day around the house, since being on my feet too long hurts way too much at this point, and all of a sudden I will feel these very extreme shooting pains like large, thick needles being jammed through my toes from the base to the tips. Hurts like hell! I still have feeling on the tops of all my toes, I am nearly completely numb under the middle toe and half numb on both toes on either side of the middle toe. If the nerves are completely gone, then how am I feeling all this insane pain?

Also, why do my feet, all the way from my tippy toes to my heels burn and throb and feel hot inside? The pain is so bad half the time, I can't sleep, I can't get comfortable in any position. Even elevating my feet, which used to help a great deal, doesn't help anymore.

What is going on?

Good luck on your recovery

Good luck on your recovery TJ,

My wife has had internal problems her whole life and claims her cuddly cats help ease her pain and help her sleep better. Not kidding. I wonder if you can use a heating pad on your feet at night, or is heat a bad thing?

Rick

TJ, Iam so sorry to hear

TJ, Iam so sorry to hear you're still having a tough time. I'm definitely thinking about you and hoping for a speedy recovery for you. You have been so very encouraging to me during my own (muchmuchmuch less significant) injury recovery. You deserve at least the same amount of encouragement in return.

I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. I think Gburg may be on to something with phantom/residual pain, though. I did see a lot about that when I was looking into MN during my own investigation. Good vibes are definitely being sent your way!

I hear about people who can

I hear about people who can feel their limbs after they have been amputated, and they talk about the great pain they deal with, but I still have my toes. They didn't take my toes.

Hopefully, the docs will tell me if ice or heat is better. I'll call my doc later today.

Dama, how many do you think you have? Are both feet affected? I can't remember what you said. I thought you had one neuroma, but now it sounds like you have more. Yes, I hope yours don't enlarge either. This is true foot hell right here. Have I thanked shoes lately? Thank you shoes!

Thanks all you guys for your well wishes and prayers.

And Rick, my kitties do help me to get through this. They lay around me and keep me company, warm and cozy too. :bigsmile:

Hope you get feeling better

Hope you get feeling better soon TJ. My back drs had thought I may have been having some residual phantom pains after my last surgery, so maybe Gburg is right about that for you. It took a while for me to get over that, but now I am running mostly strong when I don't push myself to hard. :bigsmile: Wishing you all the best and wish there was something I could do to help, I know how bad it sucks to be in pain.

Thanks, Nick.  How did the

Thanks, Nick. How did the pain feel and how would you rate it? The shooting pains are some really bad, bring you to your knees kind of pain.

I don't really want to say

I don't really want to say how long those pains lasted for me TJ, I don't want to scare you as mine was in a totally different area. The pain hurt pretty bad, caused me to have to lay around a lot and not do much of anything. My legs felt like they were constantly being shocked by electricity. I was never able to get comfortable and sometimes just shifting my body position in bed or on the couch would give me a two or three second relief and then the pain would come flooding back.

Drs put me on all sorts of nerve pain medication and nothing worked for me (at least not that they were going to keep prescribing to me indefinitely, oxycodone was only thing that worked and that is not a nerve pain medication). They had me see this other dr who stuck needles (think acupuncture almost) in my feet, legs and low back and would shock me with electricity so they could map all the nerves and find where the problem was. They said nothing was wrong and eventually, accused me of being a pain killer junkie. I think there is a lot that drs don't know or understand about the body yet so don't get discouraged if they don't immediately find anything. It will get better. For me it took seeking out alternative methods, thank you BRS, and a lot of work tryig to make myself healthier as a whole. I really believe it will get better for you TJ, you just have to stay mentally strong and think positive. I was in a pretty severe depression for a long time and thought I was going to be a cripple for the rest of my life.

But they did lob off the

But they did lob off the nerve.:(
Barefoot TJ said:
I hear about people who can feel their limbs after they have been amputated, and they talk about the great pain they deal with, but I still have my toes. They didn't take my toes.

Hopefully, the docs will tell me if ice or heat is better. I'll call my doc later today.

Dama, how many do you think you have? Are both feet affected? I can't remember what you said. I thought you had one neuroma, but now it sounds like you have more. Yes, I hope yours don't enlarge either. This is true foot hell right here. Have I thanked shoes lately? Thank you shoes!

Thanks all you guys for your well wishes and prayers.

And Rick, my kitties do help me to get through this. They lay around me and keep me company, warm and cozy too. :bigsmile:

Barefoot TJ said:
Dama, how
Barefoot TJ said:
Barefoot TJ said:

TJ, I have a diagnosed one in my right foot but I can certainly feel one on my left foot as well but the left one is not as large as the right one-thankfully.

Good luck TJ and I hope your

Good luck TJ and I hope your doc can give you some positive news. I had some pretty good damage to my calf earlier in life (like over 50 stitches and staples good) I seem to remember a lot of pain during the healing process. If I remember correctly, my Dr told me something about the nerve healing process being very painful.

Four nerves, GBurg.  Oh,

Four nerves, GBurg. :-(

Oh, Dama, that's not good. Seems like yours are getting worse?

That sounds like back hell to me, Nick. So do you feel 100%? And yes, please tell me how long it took from the moment after surgery until you felt you could be normal again...and then were.

I can't take oxy, it makes me itch, so does hydrocodone. I'm going to ask for codeine. It seemed to take some of the edge off before when I was taking it just after surgery. I don't like to take anything that messes with my head, and I'm afraid pain killers do, but like you, it seems the pain killers work whereas the nerve blockers don't. I tried Gabapentin and Lyrica before the surgeries for MN nerve pain, but neither of them did crap.

Thanks, Bub. I hope our docs will comment soon.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7