Let's talk callouses

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
images

Hee!

Humm, made me look too. I like cats because they don't give a damn about anything but themselves. Lets see, good place to sit, it's warm up here, a good spot to look for that damned dog, etc, etc.
You just explained why I am a bigger dog person than a cat person, despite me owning two cats...

umm I hope that's not a dude in that pic :rolleyes:

I had a lingering callous on the right (inside) side of my left big toe, right at the joint behind the nail, for many many years. Since going BF so much now the callous is completely gone. It's obvious that shoes were the cause of it, specifically Nike's I'm sure, with their narrow toe boxes that I used to always swear by for nearly 2 decades.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
So about callouses, is this about callouses or cats? Daniel Howell (The Barefoot Professor) says that we barefooters build extra layers of dead skin cells on the bottom of our feet. This enables us to be less sensitive to running barefoot. I was wondering what the difference is between a callous and extra layers of dead skin cells. I smart friend of mine says maybe callouses are localized as compared to a larger area like the contact points of the bottom of our feet.

So about callouses, is this about callouses or cats? Daniel Howell (The Barefoot Professor) says that we barefooters build extra layers of dead skin cells on the bottom of our feet. This enables us to be less sensitive to running barefoot. I was wondering what the difference is between a callous and extra layers of dead skin cells. I smart friend of mine says maybe callouses are localized as compared to a larger area like the contact points of the bottom of our feet.

I tend to agree with that analysis. Guitar players developed calloused fingertips after awhile, but those are also small, localized areas. My feet have large areas of very thick skin, much thicker than they were before I started BF'ing - mainly the ball of the foot, the heel, and the area behind the 4th and 5th toes.

Nick, dogs have masters; cats have staff. Get with the program.

You are staff. If there is a cat living in your house, even around your house, you are staff.

For example:

DSCN1031.JPG

DSCN1035.JPG

The next picture would have been a full plate of food, but I was more impressed with the looks on his face before, so I didn't take that one.

And then there's this one. As you can see, he's older, fatter, and still has the same old habits. He even dug out his own can of cat food! ;)

DSCN0597.JPG

Cute kitty, TJ! I don't have any cats that color (and yes, I have enough cats that I do have a wide selection).

How do you all know that the cat in the original pic isn't trying to comfort the poor sot? Maybe that's kitty sympathy. Eh?

I have two black cats and one gray cat, but the Gray Cat (that's his name), won't even let me touch it after nearly 9 years of feeding it. He was a stray. I guess he still is.

If he was making biscuits (kitty in the first photo), then that would show sympathy. Hee. Nope. I'm pretty sure that's the "ownership" pose.

I have two black cats and one gray cat, but the Gray Cat (that's his name), won't even let me touch it after nearly 9 years of feeding it. He was a stray. I guess he still is.

If he was making biscuits (kitty in the first photo), then that would show sympathy. Hee. Nope. I'm pretty sure that's the "ownership" pose.
Cute! Making biscuits silly. cute.
I have a black short hair and a black long hair, a gray short hair and a gray/black long hair, among others, but no orange cats (k, well a calico with some orange but that's not the same). And a tabby who lives in the garage n outdoors, with a limp and a crooked face who is a lover deep deep inside but only lets me touch it for special moments when the time is just right and no one is watching. When the kids ask about him I say "he has trust issues from his rough childhood."

The only cat we have with a 'generic' name is "number nine," for at some point they get numbers, not names.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon