Less than 2% of Americans Running?

Here is a depressing

Here is a depressing response. 74% of us are overweight and more than 25% are obese.

I was shocked to learn that driving is considered a light activity and cooking and gardening are considered a moderate activity. Wow.

Sure, but the data was

Sure, but the data was collected before I started running. Now it's more like 1.10000001%

We are a culture out of sync with our best physial natures, pretty clearly. As a subgroup runners of any description are automatically out on a fringe somewhere.

From what I heard form Chris McDougall in his talks, running is picking up adherents bigtime lately.

Well, I think you have to be

Well, I think you have to be a radical to cook your own food and use your own body in the way it was intended in general so this does not surprise me at all.

working with hospitalized

working with hospitalized patients, this does not surprise me at all. The number of overweight and obese people I see (not just BMI, but visually) is AMAZING.. I've had patients so obese they can't walk. I've had patients who weighed more in Kg than they were tall in cm. Both are more than a little bit frightening.

hahaha...Norway kicks all

hahaha...Norway kicks all your Yankee bums.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon