I'm ruined ...

Well, it's proven a winning combination in the past :)

View attachment 908

btw ... I had the craziest dream last night (not making this up). I dreamed that I somehow broke into Gail's house while she was on vacation, and stole an unplayed Les Paul that was hanging on the wall. It was beautiful. I knew that it had belonged to FZ, and I just wanted it. Maybe I wanted to make love to it, I dunno. When I came out of the house, hiding the LP under my jacket, there were some big tough dudes waiting for me. Friends of Frank. They, uh, confronted me, and got the axe back. I think I ended up with a broken nose and waiting for the police to come pick me up.

Paging Dr. Freud...paging Dr. Freud...paging Dr Fine...paging Dr Howard...

I know the problem seems to be solved, Willie, but...

FWIW- It took me about two years to learn to run with the same efficiency in shoes as I did barefoot. I think the issue has to do with leaning to rely on tactile feedback as the sole means assessing your form. As barefooters, we get in the habit of using that sensory input as a crutch without necessarily developing the appropriate muscle memory. The "reverse transition" is just a matter of finding and utilizing other cues. I'd recommend the spring thing I recently talked about.

;)

Also, I've yet to see any barefoot runner run a technical trail over more than about a half mile with any sort of proficiency.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
Also, I've yet to see any barefoot runner run a technical trail over more than about a half mile with any sort of proficiency.

Erwan Le Corre seems to be moving with great proficiency, though I have no idea how far he's running. He seems capable of running for quite a distance as he runs easily. It's a great video to watch (for a lot of reasons!).

It's a great video to watch (for a lot of reasons!).

so, I'm curious ... what would be some of the other reasons? :D

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7