Hi from East Yorkshire, England

dirtdonthurt

Barefooters
Aug 17, 2012
Hull
Just like to hi as I'm new to BRS.

I've been running for a number of years but has been very on/off for the last 4 years due to a number of injuries......which all started with a broken foot. After numerous trips to physio's and podiatrists who after finally giving the ok to run advised I use prescribed orthotics and more supportive trainers, which just didn't feel good when running and resulted with another trip to the physio a few weeks later.

This is when I looked at changing my running form from heel stike to fore-foot, first step was to try a lightwieght shoe but found I couldn't feel the ground enough to know if I was making the transtion correctly, and the tread wear was showing I'd moved to running mid-foot rather than the desired fore-foot. Then after some more reasearch into minamalist shoes/barefoot running I made decision just to ditch the shoes altogether.......result was the best move I made as now injury free for 6 months since being bf (apart from the odd blister due to being over eager with distance to begin with) and my foot hasn't felt so stong and balanced since i broke it.

And most all.....it feels so nice and free to be bf that I now find it a chore to wear shoes whether running or walking.

Glad that I found this site.....Dave

Reactions: Stephanie and Sid
Another one from the Mother Land! Awesome! I think the UK has the second most members than we do. I'll have to look at the network stats to be sure, but it sure seems so. Welcome, Dirt! Good to have you here. :barefoot:

Welcome from the Great White North, glad to have you, and may your soles stay dirty.

Welcome from sunny Scotland. :)

Thanks for welcome guys.

Was on your side of the boarder last week Enso. First time that I've needed sunblock in Scotland

Hi Dave,
Glad your running survived the visits to the unenlightened podiatrists (I should draw a distinction as I know enlightened ones contribute to BRS). Just after you foot heals they get you to weaken it again by wearing supportive shoes and orthotics, been there, done that!
Have a healthy skepticism of experts is my policy.
I'm originally from Manchester area before moving to more favourable climes.

Dave

Barefoot is definately best for injury free running. Agree completely with what you say about feeling great and not wanting to wear shoes at other times.

Welcome to another barefoot UK runner.

I'm a Southern Softie from Somerset!

Graham

I've never heard of problems with overexposure to UV in Scotland. Is a joke? Or just an area of widespread confusion due to global climatic discontinuity?

...and welcome Monsieur Dirt!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts