Hello from Germany

b.o.b

Barefooters
Jul 26, 2012
Germany
Hi everyone,

my name is Bob and I'm from Germany. I've started to run barefoot one year ago. But because of doing TMTS I'm still an absolute beginner. So I'm very happy to join this community! :)

Why I want to run barefoot: I was an occasionally shod runner an ran up to 13 kilometers. Two days after an 25 km shod hike I ran in my srail-shoes from Salomon an wondered about my knee pain. Then - it was the first time - I asked myself about my running form, because I was slamming my heel into the ground. After two month of having problems even to walk without pain I went to my general practitioner. After telling me, that I should increase my training only by 10% per week, he whispers to me: Try running barefoot moderately.

So, here I am :)

Welcome Bob from another Bob from across the pond. If you haven't joined the German Chapter yet, please do, there are a abundance of barefooters and minimalist runners around your parts.

Welcome, Bob! Please feel free to join the Deutschland-Germany Chapter through the Chapters tab above.

Welcome B.O.B. I am a sufferer of knee pain also. Things are going well lately. Love Germany. I have been over 4 times with my in-laws and plan to go over again next year. Where do you live? We stay south of Munich right at the start of the mountains.