Hello from France too...

Lambda

Chapter Presidents
May 1, 2013
Toulon
Hi gals and guys,
I signed up here a couple of months ago and did post a bit in the french chapter, but never introduced myself to the main forums. Time to do so.
I'm 41, male, living in the south of France.
In 2011 I started to run on a regular three-times-a-week basis, and I ran some 10k races in the neighborhood.
In 2012 I ran my first marathon and way too many other races, which resulted in an ITB friction syndrome. After a month without running I dropped my Mizunos and bought a pair of 4mm-drop Saucony Kinvaras, with which I ran my second marathon in March 2013.
There I suffered from blisters which made wearing shoes inconvenient, and for a week or two I was barefoot as often as I could. At home, in the office, driving the car...
I guess that triggered something. I ran barefoot for the first time in April, for about half a mile and immediately liked the feeling of it.
Week after week since, I've been slightly increasing the proportion of barefoot vs shod running, reaching a weekly 12km (7.5mi) barefoot and 25km (15mi) with the Kinvaras.

Welcome here from us in the USA...better late than never. Your doing well, there may come a time soon where you will dis-like your Kinvaras and you will be stuck in between transitioning to barefoot and Minshoes...you may have to reduce your miles for a while to stay barefoot full time once you give up the Kinvaras. If you can go barefoot until the cold weather comes along in the Fall then switch back to Minshoes that have no heel lift and arch support you will be fully transitioned then...take your time through all that though...its the most important thing to remember.

Welcome, Lambda! :barefoot:

Reactions: Lambda
Welcome here from us in the USA...better late than never. Your doing well, there may come a time soon where you will dis-like your Kinvaras and you will be stuck in between transitioning to barefoot and Minshoes...you may have to reduce your miles for a while to stay barefoot full time once you give up the Kinvaras. If you can go barefoot until the cold weather comes along in the Fall then switch back to Minshoes that have no heel lift and arch support you will be fully transitioned then...take your time through all that though...its the most important thing to remember.
Good guess. For the past 2 weeks I have only run barefoot (about 30 miles / 50 km in total) and I'm not planning to put shoes back on.
I'll consider buying minshoes later this summer, perhaps VFF KSO or Seeya. I'll take a look at the forums first to see what people think/advise/use.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7