Barefoot running: How ditching shoes can improve form, alleviates stress on joints

"people are starting to really see the benefits of going back to running the way we ran as kids. We leaned forward and just ran”

Yeah, one of my earliest memories as a kid was running to my dad as he was coming to get me from the playground. Ended up tripping on the sidewalk and taking a tumble. Stupid shoes! Should have thrown those things away then and there!

I get Google Alerts to keep on top of everything. Yea, I saw that and wrote to the editor as well. Now I have to find some time to actually read it. :)

I just scan the subjects and delete, delete, delete. If see something I think might be helpful to you guys, I share it here. I try not to let the morons get under my skin, but it's understandable when they come in all at once that we will. Don't mean to sound like a meanie, but this nerve pain all day is just terrible, and I'm not nice when I'm in pain.

This is interesting, I quickly scanned it yesterday on my Iphone, and did not notice the website boo boo. I know the email address was correct when it was given to the writer 2 months ago. I like your idea about the proof reading of the article, but realistically I doubt that would ever happen. I'm in it and I didn't know it was even coming out or was I notified. Anyway I added a comment to the Edmonton Sun article with the correct website address and I will do the same for the Toronto and any others that I come across. Also will contact Joanne and let her know about the mistake.

There I think i got them all :)

Good. Thank you. I heard back from Erica Bulman from Vancouver 24 Hour where it was also published, and she's said she working on correcting it. Hopefully, she means ALL of the publications carrying this article.

Please, everyone, write to all of the editors of any of the mags who you know have our web address wrong. Thanks!

I checked the Vancouver 24 Hour and it was corrected. As was the London (Ontario) paper, the rest were not. Hopefully that will change shortly.

Oh, goodie. Anyone else you can write to for me, Bob?

TJ, anything else you need just let me know, I am getting quite good at this typing thing ;) . I've even learned how to text over the last year or so :rolleyes: . As I said anything I can do to help, I have been a little distant lately but am trying to get back into it with a full head of steam.

Acutally, Kitty and I were just talking about you last week over Skype. She will be contacting you about this very thing. Glad you can step up to help. I really need it, and a break with the surgery coming up...or who knows, laying around in bed all day, I'll probably become more active again. Geez, who knows?

I can't see you staying down for long, your to determined (in a nice way of course). As I said anything I can do to help. Kate mentioned something, but no details, had me worried for a bit, thought I was being fired :eek:

Already did, also the other ones that I checked this morning, including Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto and Ottawa. They also did not post my comments, and have shut the comment section down. Little frustrated about that, I will keep checking and keep bugging them until somebody takes care of it. Drives me nut, also spelled my name wrong on the photo caption, got the name right all through the article then goof the photo caption, and how Newton Running got credit for my buddies photo I will never know. Attention to details, attention to details.

Thanks for keeping on them. Those articles can generate a lot of possible leads for new members, so it's important they have the right address.

I don't know how some of these articles make it out the door. Where's the proofreaders, the common sense, the thoroughness of it all. Newton Running?! Ha! Now that is hysterical!

I snickered a bit as well, I got a hold of the writer as well, and she basically had a cow on the spot, she checked her article and it was listed correctly, as she put it, she could not figure out how they screwed that up. But she was on the horn to the right away to get it cleared up. Hopefully it will be right the next time I check. Cross my toes.

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts