Barefoot Running - CBS News with Katie Couric

Didn't get a link.  Thought I

Didn't get a link. Thought I would hunt around for one later though.

Missed it, would definitely

Missed it, would definitely like to see it.

Maybe they don't add the

Maybe they don't add the video to the site until x amount of time has passed.

And what do you know?  Two

And what do you know? Two minutes after I posted that, Ram the Man posts the links! Awesome. Thanks, Ram!

John Durant doesn't have 1,400 members in New York. It is the parent BRS who had 1,400 members this past Monday, when the footage was shot. (John has an impressive 400 members himself with his Meetup group.) The BRS now has 1,736 members at this moment. That's an increase of 336 registered members in just four days.

Oh, and those would be

Oh, and those would be Mattlock's feet in the cutaway to someone running on a track.

I just watched it. Nice

I just watched it. Nice video. Glad they mentioned its longer "fad" to be barefoot. Kind of gives it more credibility. I was a little bummed that the dude at the end would rather run shodded than barefoot.

Yes, but hopefully, we will

Yes, but hopefully, we will be able to reduce that from happening. That's what we're here for.

TJ, if we had that many new

TJ, if we had that many new members in 4 days BEFORE the video aired, imagine what the next week should look like!

I think some of those numbers

I think some of those numbers came from our shout out in the New York Times and Competitor Magazine articles just last week. Before that, we saw a spike after our shout out in Runner's World (both the magazine and website). BTW, if you guys haven't gotten the November issue of RW yet, be sure to pick it up at your local news and magazine stand, Hint, hint. I have my copy!

When we went public on September 6, 2010, we had 680 members. That means we have grown by 1,056 new registered members since then. (These numbers do not count the 425 members Blind Boy blocked due to their being on the spammers list. Hee.)

I caught that little blub

I caught that little blub about having to make a shoe that doesn't make everything they did before it seem wrong [paraphrasing].

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts