Barefoot records...?

I plan on having the

I plan on having the following distances.

1 mile
10 mile
Half Marathon
Full Marathon
50 mile
100 mile
135 (incase someone decides to BF Badwater... HA!)

6 hour
12 hour
24 hour
48 hour
72 hour (that exists, right)

Longest consecutive BF run (distance)
Longest consecutive BF run (time)

My only issue will be deciphering between trail and road...

Im not going to count minimalist shoes, just straight up BF.

Barefoot TJ wrote:And those

Barefoot TJ said:
And those where a barefoot runner came in last place, not that we know of any though. ;-)

TJ, do you remember Barefoot John from the other place? He did come in last place on one race...a trail race if I remember correctly. Yeap, that was him alright!

Kinda remember him, not

Kinda remember him, not sure. I was actually talking about someone else though, whom shall remain nameless. ;-)

I ran a 50km barefoot and

I ran a 50km barefoot and came in tied for second last does that count. I finished in 6:56:00 with a 7:00 time limit. But I did beat a guy with shoes. ;-)

Congrats Bob! Youve made the

Congrats Bob! Youve made the list for fastest BF 50k Ive found so far! How does it feel?

Chaserwilliams wrote:I plan

Chaserwilliams said:
I plan on having the following distances. 1 mile 5k 10k 10 mile Half Marathon Full Marathon 50k 50 mile 100k 100 mile

Don't forget the 25K.

I watched Jason cross the finish line in Grand Rapids for that distance barefoot despite the 32 degree F temp.

It is, afterall, the main event for that classic race.

Chaserwilliams wrote:Congrats

Chaserwilliams said:
Congrats Bob! Youve made the list for fastest BF 50k Ive found so far! How does it feel?

Ahhh Shucks, I just don't know what to say..... I'm blushing....:shy:

And I have raced that

And I have raced that distance too (25K), while barefoot, while it was 32 degree F, in November, mind you, and just on the odd chance I beat Jason's time, mine was 2:52:54. Yes, pitiful, I know, but who's braggin'? At least I didn't come in Last! Pttttth! :tongue:

Joohn, Thanks! I actually

Joohn, Thanks! I actually found that thread a few days ago and have already went through it and gotten records for..

mile
Half Marathon
Marathon
Highest Weekly Mileage
24 hour record

Of course most, if not all, of these records are from the PR thread. lol.

You forgot to add 12.7 mile

You forgot to add 12.7 mile record to your list.
wink.png

Barefooting Bob wrote:I ran

Barefooting Bob said:
I ran a 50km barefoot and came in tied for second last does that count. I finished in 6:56:00 with a 7:00 time limit. But I did beat a guy with shoes. ;-)

Well Bob, I got news for you, I came in first overall in my very first BF 50K in a time of 5:30.( I was the only one in my house running said 50k on the TM).

Congrats!

I thought his record was a

I thought his record was a little higher than 102?

It is.  .65 higher.  Ha! 

It is. .65 higher. Ha! Check out the story.

Barefoot Dama

Barefoot Dama said:
Barefooting Bob said:

Well Bob, I got news for you, I came in first overall in my very first BF 50K in a time of 5:30.( I was the only one in my house running said 50k on the TM).

Congrats!

Awesome job Dama, 50km is 50km but my time is with a big disclaimer, because it was basically a mud run for 50 km can you say no traction. I was doing more skating than running most of the time, even almost slid off a cliff (luckily there was some good branches to grab or I would of landed in the lake I am sure. Could of been some interesting headlines though, "Barefoot runner decides to go for a swim to wash off his feet." ;-)