Barefoot records...?

Chaserwilliams

Barefooters
Dec 15, 2010
Anyone know if a list of different Barefoot records exists? For example, who has the fastest BF mile and what was the time? 5k? 10k? 24 hour? 48 hour? Others? Obvisouly certain individuals will be givens, IE Zola Budd and Abebe Bikila, but what about us average folk? Where do we stand? If theres not a list, and you just know of someone who has ran a really fast time, or even a record please post it and Ill make a "Barefoot Records" list.

Thanks!

Ken Bob used to keep one...

Ken Bob used to keep one... not sure if it's still there.

Ragsdale has the 24 hour world record, Sweeney has the 24 hour on sand record, I think Jason Spooner has the "highest weekly mileage" record... that's all I can remember off-hand.

I thought you were going to

I thought you were going to compile a list of speedy barefoot runners, Jason, remember? Didn't happen?

Otherwise, look at Patrick Sweeney's, Alex Romero's, and Julian Romero's records at www.athlinks.com. Of course, you will want to make sure that the results are for actual barefoot running. For example, Sweeney seems to do most of his running in huaraches lately, but some of that was traditional shod, and some of that was barefoot. Alex has won one or two actual marathons barefoot though, so if you can find stats on those wins that would be cool to add to the list.

Awesome! Thanks Jason! I knew

Awesome! Thanks Jason! I knew Todd and Pat owned those and I imagine that, aside from the pros, Pat probablly owns the 10k and under records... Although he has been running in Lunas an awful lot lately, and even runs in Sketchers now....

Hell, just start throwing out

Hell, just start throwing out names of fast BFRs and Ill start researching, lol.

Sketchers.  Ha!

Sketchers. Ha!

Since my last 1/2 marathon

Since my last 1/2 marathon was short I believe I hold the 12.7 mile barefoot race record at 1:41:52.

Annapolis Half, 11/19/2011

triing wrote:I see the name,

triing said:
I see the name, I see the old avatar, but I can't believe he's doing "relevant" research!!! Good to see you here.

HA! He actually thinks Im going to do it!

LOL, J/K! Glad to see you came over! The atmosphere here is a little different, but I think its just cause Im not looking hard enough yet... lol.

Yea, that's what I THOUGHT

Yea, that's what I THOUGHT you said! :stare:

Running Times magazine  April

Running Times magazine April 2011 has a nice article on BF running. They don't list records, but do talk about some fast racing times, such as Bruce Tulloh winning the European 5000m BF on a cinder track in 1962 and winning a 6 mile race in 27:42 followed closely by two other BF runners.

The world record for fastest

The world record for fastest BF Marathon is actually held by Shivnath Singh with a 2:12:00, Bikila's 2:15:16 still holds second place though.

This is the only record Ive found.... lol. My research is proving futile...

If you would, Chaser, record

If you would, Chaser, record the fastest records you find in each distance (and maybe some 2nd and 3rd notables), and we will create a document here and include it in the Library.

Ok! Thats what I was planning

Ok! Thats what I was planning on doing, lol!

Barefoot TJ wrote:If you

Barefoot TJ said:
If you would, Chaser, record the fastest records you find in each distance (and maybe some 2nd and 3rd notables), and we will create a document here and include it in the Library.

And distance records at set time intervals like 6, 12, 24 and you know maybe 48 hours

Chaserwilliams wrote:The

Chaserwilliams said:
The world record for fastest BF Marathon is actually held by Shivnath Singh with a 2:12:00, Bikila's 2:15:16 still holds second place though. This is the only record Ive found.... lol. My research is proving futile...

Singh is/was Indian. Just for the record. :)

Really? I couldnt tell...

Really? I couldnt tell... lol!

And those where a barefoot

And those where a barefoot runner came in last place, not that we know of any though. ;-)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7